TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 09:55 AM

Last friday, I was raped at school.

I have since reported it so it can be dealt with before he hurts anybody else. I have hospital and an interview today, but I seem to be coping well, still laughing and smiling.

Although I am not sure what to make of my feelings, I'm defnately hurt and ashamed but I don't seem to know how to show it.
Well, it's the second time something of this nature has happened, but I am unsure.

Can anyone relate to this?

"Aww How Sweet!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nutty Nat Offline
nuttychick but friendly :)
Average Joe

Name: Natalie

Re: Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 02:45 PM

i can relate to this,i have been sexually assualted twice once i was 14 and in school in a spanish resource room,basically a room with comps that the spanish department used,the second and hopefully final time was in college in november to december 2009 and im 17 now.i fell both ashamed and stupid and blame myself alot even tho i know deep down its not my fault.As to the part of not knowing how to show it well there isn't a defiant way of showing it,some people keep it locked inside them for years and just put a smile on there face,others become withdrawn so like i said there isnt a way to show it really just how ever u feel comfortable,i sugguest talkig to someone about it,maybe counsellor,as its hard to get thru alone.

Love you Naomi R.I.P i miss you loads but i will never forget you
08/11/92 - 10/11/92

R.I.P Gill - I love you as a second mum,will never forget you and all your advice,oh and i will keep smiling like you wanted see
Going to try continue helping people like you wanted and you did,hope i'm making you proud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 04:18 PM

Heya,

First off, I'm awfully sorry that it happened to you. It's one of the most horrible things you can experience during your life and it's so painful to deal with.
Well done for being so brave and reporting it, it takes so much courage to do that! I hope that things go okay with the interviews and such, they can be really intimidating, just keep strong

We all react in our own different ways to these things. Sometimes we repress our emotions at the time as it's the only way we can deal with it. Give it some time, and these feelings will let themselves show, it just takes a while for both your body and mind to get used to the idea of what happened.

If you ever want to chat at all, you can always PM me and I'll be happy to talk.
Take care
xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Ivan"Chandler" Brown

Re: Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 08:00 PM

i can definately relate to that. i am so sorry that this has been happening to you. But i am happy that you knew to report it so that noone else get's hurt. you just have to take it one day at a time and think positive things about yourself. if u ever need anyone to talk to you are always welcome to pm or vm me and remember that we all care about eachother and want to help in the way that we can.
  Send a message via AIM to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via MSN to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via Yahoo to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via Skype™ to Brighter.than.sun 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 08:11 PM

Hi Kokoro,

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. And for it to happen again is just horrible.
I think that you did a great and honorable thing by reporting it. Your very brave for not allowing it to happen to others girl and being strong enough to stand up to him. I do understand how you're feeling though. Your kind of suppressing your feelings subconsiously. This isn't really a healthy way to deal with it, but it is okay for the time being. Everyone has to do what they have to do to get by. Eventually, your emotions are going to come out, one way or another. I think that the more you talk about what happened and the more you share your emotions with people and confide in people, you'll be able to release some of the bottled up tension you have going on. I held something in for 7 years I just recently talked about and I'm feeling tons better.
If you ever need to talk just PM me. I might not be able to relate as well as other people can, but I'm always willing to listen.
Take care

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 08:29 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been through. Remember you have nothing to be ashamed of; it wasn't your fault. I hope the interview goes OK, and remember you're being so strong right now, keep it up, I know you can do this. It's going to be OK x

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Re: Containing the hurt and the shame. - February 3rd 2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks so much for your replies, it does mean a lot.
I just want to realise my true feelings towards this subject, I am kind of emotionless at the moment and confused.

Thanks for replying x

"Aww How Sweet!"

Closed Thread