TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

dad hit my sister ? - February 15th 2010, 07:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i can't be 100% sure about it, but i think my dad hit my sister, they were arguing and things got heated, very heated, he started threatening my sister and really yelling at her (like he does with me ) and then i hear him hit something which im guessing was the wall, then more shouting then it goes quiet and my sister runs out of the room crying. i dont know if he hit her not i was not in the room i was in my bedroom and they were in the room next to me. but i think my dad hit my sister, after my sister went to her room she went out, she took the car and has driven off, she has not come home. what do i do ? i never thought my dad would hurt my sisters or one of my sisters- but i think he has. thing is people have been telling me to tell and i have done just not about the violence, but no one is listening, tutor at college is not listening, my counsenllor ( i told the counsellor everything) and they did not do anything, its like im stuck, i cant do anything, i can hardly look after myself,. what do i do ? somedays it feels as though im in a pool of water and am screaming but at the same time drowning. i dont knwo what to do anymore i cant take anymore and now i think he has hit my sister. what do i do ???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 15th 2010, 07:40 PM

Hi
Sounds to me your dad needs some "anger management" classes to control his temper, or else it might lead to something worst...Where is your mother in all of this? The type of behavior your Dad is displaying is dangerous, your sister and you have to do something. Have a talk with your dad when he's in a better mood or calms down about the situation. Tell him exactly how or what you and your sister are feeling about his actions.
About your sister try calling her to her cell phone or a friends house to see if she is OK, if you dad continues to “hit” you call the police on him, he needs an eye opener to see what he is doing is not ok and it can have consequences.
Good Luck.!

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 15th 2010, 08:37 PM

my dad tells me that i need anger management counselling, and my sister has still not come home, and i cant call her because i dont know her number. it is impossible to talk with my dad, he is never sober, and i can never talk to him because it just ends in arguments. calling the police on him wont do anything, ive had social services out twice since when i was 16 because of him and that has not stopped if social workers dont scare my dad nothing can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 16th 2010, 03:58 AM

I think you need to tell someone again. Tell them about that violence and that you are afraid that your dad is seriously going to hurt you or your sisters. Social workers can't do much, because you are over eighteen, but they can get you and your sisters out of that situation. You need to try telling someone again, even talking to a friend or a religious leader about it, you don't have to go through this alone.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 17th 2010, 02:57 AM

I think you should tell the police about this so they can deal with him and maybe get him a Counciller, get him some help with this anger.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 17th 2010, 03:06 AM

I think at this point you need to call the police.
If your sister's number is in your dad or mom's cell phones try sneaking a peak at their contacts list and get the number.
If your sister doesnt come home soon call the police and tell them so they can find her.
Or call or drive to her school and ask if she has shown up for school.
Next time your dad gets violent call the police.
Or next time your dad is drunk call the police. They can do something.

Dont give up

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 17th 2010, 09:09 AM

my sister came home in the end, she came home really late that night. things have not been much better since, he keeps shouting at everyone, yesterday i got in from college and the moment i got in and i spoke i got shouted at - sometimes it feels like im in a prison where what ever i do is wrong, i cant speak without getting shouted at.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 17th 2010, 12:31 PM

Lydia, please tell the police or social services about the violence. This is only going to get worse if you don't. Stay strong for your sisters and do it, it's only a matter of time before this gets out of hand.

PM (or MSN) me anytime

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 18th 2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cara View Post
Lydia, please tell the police or social services about the violence. This is only going to get worse if you don't. Stay strong for your sisters and do it, it's only a matter of time before this gets out of hand.

PM (or MSN) me anytime

Agreed!!!! 100%
Be strong and call the police and/or social services

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

(#10 (permalink)) Old
lostandalone Offline
Forgotten loser
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Erika

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 19th 2010, 01:39 AM

I also think you need to tell the authourities about this. Like Cara said, "This is only going to get worse if you don't."

Stay strong.

"Think of your life as a book, move forward, close one chapter and open another." – Unknown

We give each other strength to make it through the darkness." – Silverstein

‎"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." – John W. Gardner

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." – George Eliot

Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving." – J.K. Rowling

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: dad hit my sister ? - February 19th 2010, 03:11 AM

I agree with everyone else, tell the police immediately so this doesn't get any worse.
If you have to call both Social services and the police, that way someone is there to deal with your dad and someone is there to help you and your sisters get to a safe place then do that. Also I would definitely mention the violence to your tutor and counselor, let your counselor know that your dad is not just targeting you but those around you as well.
I hope you get your dad the help he needs and i hope you find the calmness and peace you and your sisters need. Good luck.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread