TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Exclamation Abuse? - March 2nd 2010, 04:00 PM

My father we thinkk is Bipolar, and suffers from extream depression, all of which is untreated. Anyways he left about 5 years ago and thank god.

I am writing this because I am woundering if he was abusive... I think he was when he was around. here are some events that happened and his response.

My sister not going to bed because she missed mom, resulted in a HARD spanking at the age of 10/11.

Me upset because dad was making me goto bed early, resulted in him throwing my keyboard across the room, hitting me/spanking at age 12/13.

Mom asking me or sis to do any work, he would flip out and freak out, lash out to her. by hitting, yelling cursing, leaving for the night.

He would constantly beat me, hit me, yell at me, guilt me, etc. I always thoguht it was normal...

and now I fear being in a relationship with any man because of him. I refer to all men as abusive, non caring, son of a *******s, that hit, throw, scream, yell, get mad over every little thing. I can't see men in any other way now. I have maybe 3 friends that are guys, and it's hard even having them. Now with my moms new bf, soon-to-be step-dad it's hard to trust him, accept him. I don't think I will ever accept him for that role, for I have removed any and all forms of my father.

Because of him I can't even trust men, let alone befriend them, or even have a relationship with them. They scare me. I don't even know why I am posting this, but I am just woundering what you guys thought... Please be honest. He also sexually abused my mother, yup, raped her... With us in the same house, almost not even a room away...

-Alice-

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D

Last edited by Casey.; March 10th 2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Removing triggering prefix.
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Abuse? - March 3rd 2010, 01:44 AM

Hey Alice,

I'm really sorry that your father treated you and your family like this. All men are not evil, some just tend to act the way. It doesn't really matter what you call it, it was still wrong, and yes it does sound like abuse. No one has the right to hit you and leave bruises, and no parent should treat their child like that.

I know how hard it can be to trust men again, but you can do it. You already took steps in that direction, you have guy friends. That in itself is hard to do, especially since guys play rather rough.

Have you tried talking to your mum about it, or even a counselor? Let someone know that it still effects you, and that you are scared of men.You don't have to do this alone, let them help you.You might also want to talk to her boyfriend/husband in the end, because he can help you become more comfortable around him, and he can help you and your sister adjust to having a good man in the house.

Take care, and feel free to pm me if you need anything.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Last edited by Casey.; March 3rd 2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Adding.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Memories Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kat

Re: Abuse? - March 7th 2010, 10:00 PM

Cas* said everything so well.
Just wanted to tell you you're not alone in your fears, and getting help takes so much courage, but it is so worth it. What he did was disgusting and so wrong, his taken part of your life away, don't let it continue to take away your life, posting about it here was a huge step in the right direction.

Closed Thread