TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JBD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

PLEASE Help My Friend - March 12th 2010, 02:08 AM

Hi. So I'm just gonna explain the whole story.

I have a friend... let's call her Ashley. So Ashley has an abusive father. Like, really abusive. She won't go for help, and I'm scared for her safety. She cuts herself as well, and she's starting to think she deserves all the pain inflicted by her dad. Here's some stuff her father did to her:

He stabbed her. This was a little while ago. He snuck up behind her and stabbed her in the leg (I think...) and she later passed out and her brother woke her up bleeding on the bathroom floor. She didn't go for help... and no one knew except for her brother, who she told not to say anything.

One time last week she already ate dinner, and her father came home with all this sushi and she said that she was full, so he physically forced it down her throat and would not let her leave the table until she ate it all.

Randomly on AIM she says "FUCK. BRB." because her dad is coming up the stairs, so she has to go hide. I'm really worried.

Here's what conclusion I've come to after talking to her:

-Her siblings love her dad, so she doesn't want to get him sent away because they'll be sad.
-She thinks she deserves it.
-She's scared of him.
-She's "used to it" by now.

...please help. I'll give you more information if I can. I just am really worried, and she refuses to go for help. She's tried suicide a few times, and has been sent away, but she still cuts herself now.

I really like her... and she doesn't deserve such abuse... and she won't even realize it. What do I do?

Last edited by Casey.; March 12th 2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Removing prefix to fit with the new guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: PLEASE Help My Friend - March 12th 2010, 04:52 AM

Hey there,

So it sounds like you are a really concerned friend. Have you tried telling her how scared you are, and that it's not her fault that it happens? I know she might not listen, but try telling her again, be calm and don't get angry, just keep talking to her.

There is only one thing you can do, besides being there to support her. You can tell someone, if she goes to your school or lives near you. If she's in internet friend,you can try getting her to tell someone. It's not a healthy place for her to be, she shouldn't have to be afraid of her father, and it's only a matter of time before he hurts the other kids. If you think she's in danger, and she goes to your school, tell your school counselor, or even tell your parents. Let someone know that she's not safe there, but only if you really believe that she is endanger. She might be angry at first, but that's to be expected. Just do what you think is best.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me. Take care.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread