TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmethystDrew Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Drew

Male Survivors? - March 16th 2010, 06:21 AM

I was raped during my Frosh Week last year. He forced me to go down on him, and told me that I would never be able to convince someone that I was raped because of the fact that I both got erect and came myself. Even though I know that these were solely physiological reactions, it still hit me hard, and I didn't bring him to the justice he deserved.

I just want to know if there are any other men out there who are survivors - and, if you're reading this because you're like I used to be and wondering if you're one-in-a-million... I want to let you know that you're not alone, and that my PM box is always open.
  Send a message via MSN to AmethystDrew  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hominis Offline
Life and death in every step.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jeremy [Ghost]

Re: Male Survivors? - March 16th 2010, 08:33 AM

It's not very well known on here, and I won't go into detail about it, but understand that you're not alone either. Don't ever let someone tell you that you liked it, or deserved it, because you got an erection or came because of it. It's the body's natural reaction to external stimuli, that's all it is. And, what happened was hardly your fault. I know it was last year, I know you still have your bad days, your good days, and those in between. If you need anything at all, feel free to message me. I know this is a crappy reply to your post, and I apologize for that, but I'm attempting to say all I can at the moment given where I am.

.never tickle a sleeping dragon.
  Send a message via AIM to Hominis Send a message via MSN to Hominis Send a message via Skype™ to Hominis 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Male Survivors? - March 17th 2010, 03:55 AM

Hey Drew,

So I'm not a guy, which means my opinion probably won't count for much here, but it is what it is. The human body responses to touch, some guys get exertions from just getting touched. You can't force your body to not response to touch, it does it naturally. What the body sees as pleasure is sometimes the most horrible thing that your mind can comprehend. He was trying to make you feel guilty, like it was your fault, but it wasn't your fault. You're not alone, you know? There are a lot of guys out there who have been sexually assaulted, many are too ashamed to admit it. Even though they have nothing to be ashamed of, no more than any girl does.

Take care.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Blau Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Scott

Re: Male Survivors? - March 20th 2010, 04:15 AM

Aww dude thats weak, almost happened to me, but i dodged the blow

(#5 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Male Survivors? - March 20th 2010, 04:30 AM

Hi Drew,

I'm not male but I felt the need to respond because your post kind of hit home. I really hope you're okay now. I understand how traumatizing an event like this could be and it's horrible to think that so many people experience this kind of thing. It's sickening.

I see you're from Toronto; very close to where I live. Knowing that this kind of thing can happen so close to where I live sends goosebumps up my back. I didn't really realize that something so horrible can happen so close to home. In fact, many people think/feel that way.

I will be moving away for university next year and will be living in residence. I know that Frosh Week is extremely hyped up and is supposed to be one of the best weeks of your life. I'm really sorry that yours was ruined. I bet you didn't expect that from your Frosh Week - or from university, for that matter. I bet that you were looking forward to university and to Frosh Week just like everyone else and it's so unfortunate that you had to experience this...during a time you thought you'd be safe.

Again, I'm really sorry that you had to deal with this. I could only imagine how traumatizing it must have been for you. You should be very proud of yourself for posting this, though, and getting through it the way that you have done. That takes a big person. Know that there are people you can trust but also, some that you can't. Don't close yourself off to people in general. I've learned that is not the answer when you've been hurt.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a shout. My PM box is always open.

Stay strong and keep fighting.

SUP BRO.

Closed Thread