TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Thumbs down do i really look that easy? - March 17th 2010, 12:54 AM

I'm not sure if this really belongs here so....

i think i must look really really easy, because i get strangers hit on me a LOT.

one day, last summer, i was walking a few blocks from my house and i saw this bike rider, and at first i didn't pay much attention to him because he was going the other way, but then he turned around and started riding slowly next to me. he said, this is as close as i can get but i think i know most of what he said, "Hey baby, you look really pretty today. i'd like to get to know you more...maybe take you out on a date?" and it's just this random black dude on a bike (not that i have anything against black people, but that was what he looked like), yelling at me. so i said, "no thanks" and he continued riding past me and said, "oh i see, you don't want to go out with me...cause i'm black," and this dude is maybe in his thirties, and i was, like, 12. so i said, "no, i just don't date," and he said, "oh i see how it is" and rode away.

then, i think that same day, i was at the library, and this big dude (in his late teens probably) came up and asked me if i was 19, and i said no, and he asked me if i was 17, and i said no, and then i was talking to me. and said, "you're not dating anybody are you? cause i don't want your big boyfriend to come over here and see me talking to you..." and i think i accidentally paused before saying no, so i think he thought i was lieing, and he left. he asked me later what time it was but that was it.

and then today i was walking to my house and a bunch of dudes in a truck, (how they could tell i was a girl i don't know i had my hood up, perhaps it was the hearts on the back of my jeans) whistled as they passed me and were like, "hey baby!"

i'm not even that pretty! i'm chubby and blonde, and not that great to look at. i do look a lot older than i am, but really, do i look that easy? seriously? it's kind of scary to have all these old dudes coming up to me. i don't like it at all.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: do i really look that easy? - March 17th 2010, 03:36 AM

Hey there,

I don't think it has anything to do with you looking 'easy'. Most people take it as a compliment when guys hit on them, or flirt with them, it makes them feel pretty and wanted. However, as you are thirteen, it's understandable that it makes you uncomfortable. The next time an older guy tries to hit on you, just tell him to either bug off, or that you are thirteen. You can also tell them that you will scream if they don't go away(if they are walking beside you or following you). You might also want to try hanging with friends, or going to where ever an adult you trust is, if someone starts bugging you. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care of yourself, and pm me if you need anything.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

Re: do i really look that easy? - March 18th 2010, 11:26 PM

Just because you're attractive doesn't mean people think you're "easy." And sometimes, it's not about the appearence but just the vibe that people give off. Maybe you just give off a really attractive vibe. Nothing wrong with that, though I can understand that it gets you a lot of attention that you don't want.

One thing to keep in mind, especially if you have men flirting with you, is body language. Keep your head up when you're walking. Try and keep your back straight. Look confident and aware of your surroundings. You're more likely to get unwanted attention from older men if you give the wrong message, because that's what they look for: vulnerability. Someone who's going to freeze up and be too afraid to argue with them. Just be cafeful. If an older man starts messing with you, walk away quickly. If he persists, try to find a busy public place where you'll be safe, or seek help from a trustworthy neighbor. Run if you have to. I'm not saying that you necessarily look easy, it's just something to keep in mind. Body language makes a bigger difference than most people reailze. And I'm not saying that every guy who flirts with you is necessarily some creep. Just be careful.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: do i really look that easy? - March 20th 2010, 03:43 AM

[Edit]

No it doesnt mean you are easy. You may just be attractive and as someone said, it may be the vibe you give off, you may seem friendly and easy to talk to, then.. one thing leads to another.

I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.

Last edited by Jack; March 20th 2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Reference to deleted post.

Closed Thread