TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy I was assaulted - March 26th 2010, 01:38 AM

I was sexually assaulted about 6 times. I am too scared to report it. I think that it's all my fault because this person said that it was. This person who is assaulting me told me that I better not tell anyone and if I do then he will hurt me. I tryed stopping him but he still didn't stop. I think its all my fault. I am scared. He made me do things that I didn't want to do. He has done it 6 times. He thinks that he can take advantage of me without anyone knowing what he did.

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: I was assaulted - March 26th 2010, 01:42 AM

you need to tell the police. this is a serious offense, and whatever you think, it is NOT your fault. you are the victim here and the police need to know so they can stop this guy from ever doing it again. please, tell someone, so this guy can't hurt you anymore. and it is NOT your fault. PM if you need anything!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Re: I was assaulted - March 26th 2010, 04:15 AM

Just like SuburbanTiger said you do need to report this. If you need some encouragement look at the post "4 more days" also in this forum. You don't deserve to be treated like this. This isn't your fault either, you're just a victim of someone else's greed.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lostandalone Offline
Forgotten loser
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Erika

Re: I was assaulted - March 27th 2010, 04:07 AM

Hi Rebecca,

I completely understand what you are going through. They use fear, guilt and exploit any weakness to keep control. To break their "control", they need to be reported. I know it's hard to do that.

I was befreinded by someone who took advantage of my anxiety and shyness. He,too, told me it was my fault after he attacked me. Then he brought a friend for the next two attacks.

I reported it after the third attack. As difficult that was, it was easier than living day to day wondering when they will take me again.

Please take away his control, report him and find support. You can PM me anytime if you like.

Erika

"Think of your life as a book, move forward, close one chapter and open another." – Unknown

We give each other strength to make it through the darkness." – Silverstein

‎"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." – John W. Gardner

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." – George Eliot

Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving." – J.K. Rowling

Closed Thread