TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Into.the.Mirror Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cari.

Does this count? - April 29th 2010, 11:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I can't remember, this has happened for so long that I can't remember when it started. I think I was 11 or 12. Maybe sooner, definently atleast 10 though. My cousin would crawl into bed with me and touch me, I cant take it, all I can bear to do is lay there and hide under my pillow to pretend that it is not happening. I know it only happens when I visit my aunt's house, which is normally once a year, but when I go we stay for a week, give or take a day. It is nearly every night though that he does it when im there. Once I spent a summer with them and it happened almost everyday. He has never penetrated me, though last time I visited he thought I was asleep and he tried to stick his fingers in my "bottom". Normally when he is finished he sits across from me and watches me till I wake up, or sometimes he lays in bed with me till I wake up. What he dosent know though is I am always awake when he comes creeping in through the door, Ive come to dread waking up, and dreading the morning. Ive tried crawling into bed with my sister and she is an early riser, so when she leaves he comes in. I told my mother, but she didnt even want to listen. She said that it was too late to do anything about it. I love to go up there, I miss my family and the beautiful old town feeling, and the northern food. I havent been up there in a year though, and since then Ive developed an ED. So I'm pretty sure I won't enjoy the food anymore, but I still miss visiting up there. I like the scenery and the horse and buggies that crest the rises and falls of the mountain roads. But I HATE him. I hate him so much. I mean he is my cousin though and I love him, but I hate what he does. Sorry for the rant, but what I wanted to know is if this counts as abuse?

Thanks in advance,
-Cari

Always Feel Free to Message Me... =)

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum

Last edited by Casey.; April 30th 2010 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Changing trigger tag to fit the new guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Does this count? - April 30th 2010, 12:01 AM

Hey sorry for what you are/ have gone through. It is still classed as abuse as you didn't want it to happen. If I was you I would speak to him. Tell him you don't like it and he keeps going, your going to the cops about it. Ask him how he would feel if it was happening to him.

Has it happened to him?
It maybe a reason as to why he is doing it.

Maybe also tell him what he is doing is illegal and he can be locked away for it. If you have to add on to it. Scare the shit out of him.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Into.the.Mirror Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cari.

Re: Does this count? - April 30th 2010, 01:31 AM

I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened to him. I honestly wouldn't know though, since I mostly only see him one week out of the year. Thanks for the advice, I did threaten him about 3 years ago, I told him I was going to tell his mother. Obviously it didn't help. Thanks for reading though.

Always Feel Free to Message Me... =)

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Does this count? - April 30th 2010, 01:39 AM

What happens to you definitely counts as sexual abuse. If your mother won't listen you need to find a family member that will. If there isn't then take India's advice and scare him silly, and call the police if need be.

[Edited by bringontherain - Reason: inappropriate]

Last edited by Emily.; April 30th 2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: inappropriate comment
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Does this count? - April 30th 2010, 01:49 AM

that is horrrible! you shouldn't feel like you need to say you love him just because he is your cousin, no one should ever make you feel that way. and the ED? if that's his fault then that only makes the matters worse. you NEED to tell someone who'll listen, go to anyone, his mother, your mother, any family member or friend or adult who you know will take action. it isn't fair that you don't get to see your family and be happy all because of him. do something, tell someone, make him stop. and PM me anytime.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread