TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abusedbybro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 01:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi everyone, i'm getting abused by my brother... I'm 13, and my brother is 19.
My dad left LONG time ago, and there's only my mom and my sister moved out with her boyfriend.

I am writing this right after being abused by my brother, but that isn't the only time he abused me. He abuses me frequently.

My brother is a smart person. My brother is the only person in the family that has done an IQ test and my mom tells me his IQ is around 250.

I don't think this kind of abuse that my brother is doing is the same abuse as others...

My brother is a backstabber. He punches me, but not without a reason. He says he is reasonable but I just don't know how to respond to that.

Like many people, I have things that I'm not proud of. One of those things are that i'm a computer geek and don't have a lot of friends. I'm getting pretty horrible marks and yes, i'm not proud of that.

But thats not the situation here.

My brother, says he wants me to be cool, teaching me how to be cool and gangster and stuff. My brother is also a backstabber. If you get mad at him, he gains back your trust by being nice and everything, and then he abuses you again.

What happened now was... I was doing homework, trying to work harder for better marks at school. My brother comes in, saying eww shakespeare is the most boring shit ever. He sees a scratch mark on my hand and asks, "who did this to you?" I told him this girl that i've been friends with since elementary did it, we were just playing around. He says wow stand up for yourself you pussy be a man little loser. As you can see he's trying to teach me stuff, but not in the way you really want to be taught.

He asks me why I didn't bitch slap her. I told him that shes my friend and stuff, but he doesn't care and says stuff like you're getting bullied by a girl dude, thats so sad.

It was an accident, but I kept my mouth shut. He starts blabbing about my horrible grades, on the computer all the time, no friends, etc. At this time I was pretty annoyed and I knew he wouldn't stop so I just kept a poker face, waiting for this to stop. Now this is the worst part.

He calls me a pussy (which means shy if you didnt know) and says you gotta be confident, and he says look, he searches "how to make yourself look confident". He goes onto this website and he tells me to read a paragraph. One of the sentences were "True self-confidence isn't an overnight acquisition." He tells me to define what that means. I tell him I don't know what acquisition means, and he says I'm the dumbest retard ever and he tells me I should die. He tells me to guess, and I guess and he says WRONG! and punches me on the arm. I'm like wtf, and he keeps asking me to guess. I say I don't know and he says, "well duh thats why you guess?"

So we go through this long talk about that one sentence and he punches me a lot more, and at one time he even constantly punched me and said, "I'm gonna keep punching you till you get this right."

Like I said, he DOES have a reason for hitting me, but what the heck? He also slaps me too. (and yes I was crying)

How it ended was I finally guessed it correctly, and he stopped and went out to blaze. He always talks about weed is scientifically proven that drinking is worse and weed can cure some diseases/conditions, and he always asks me if I want to go smoke weed. He's a believer of legalization of weed, he tells the family a lot about weed, its history, how it was used before in China as a truth serum, and he asks me to smoke weed.

I tell him I just don't want to, mom will get mad, etc. he says so what?
I say then mom will have another reason to yell at me.
He says smoking weed adds another reason, but smoking weed gets you away from the computer, which then she will have the same amount of reasons to yell at you.

I'm like ...............

So thats my story. Also, my brother says he's not a bad brother. He says there are other brothers who rape their younger brothers or sisters, beat them up and stuff, but still, I don't know if this is as bad as beating siblings up, but this has been going on for years... This is also ONE of the MANY happenings of him hitting me. Once he even hit me for playing one of those click around the place games.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 01:27 AM

Tell your mother. If this continues call the police. He has no right to treat you this way and it can also be considered abuse of a minor due to the age difference. That definitely can be considered behavior of a bad brother.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
abusedbybro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 01:43 AM

Yes my mom knows about this and we have called the police because he hit me and my family before, he does have a violent history.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 02:07 AM

Unfortunately, I think a restraining order should be filed against him at this point then. He is old enough to live on his own now. If he wants to ruin his life that shouldn't be your problem.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 03:14 AM

He doesnt sound pretty smart to me, by the way he expresses himself about everything and the way he treats you, definetely try to talk to your mother about it or someone that you trust.

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
abusedbybro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 04:39 AM

I want to kick him out, my whole family wants him out of the house, but we just can't get to the point of actually doing it. He'll be on the streets and we don't want him to be one of those hobos that die behind a dumpster. He used to have his own place, but him, acting all gangster and stuff, is a very messy person. As I said he is a smart person, he asks to borrow my shirt so he looks like an innocent little young man, so he can "manipulate" the owner into thinking he's a good boy, but when he rents the place, he goes all gangster, blasting his bass, blazing inside the place and exhaling the fumes into the fan in the washroom.

He used to get money from the government, but now he doesn't since he's an adult. He has a job but he doesn't get paid enough, he also eats a lot, so yeah... The main reason for this is because he dropped out of highschool. I know he's smart, but he's just... one of those smart ppl who drop out LOL. I don't know how to explain it. He's lazy.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 1st 2010, 01:02 PM

He wouldn't be on the streets, he would be in jail, hopefully learning his lesson.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 2nd 2010, 07:57 AM

Well your brother isn't as smart as your mother says, I'll tell you right now. If his IQ was 250, he'd be in the Guiness Book of World Records, AND a member of MENSA. The highest IQ ever recorded I think was somewhere around 190-200.

And plus, your brother can always go on welfare. If he gets kicked out, there are options. So you guys shouldn't feel guilty if he just wants to beat up on everyone. He can find his own way, especially if he's supposed to be a smart person.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 2nd 2010, 07:15 PM

Gangsters are the farthest thing from cool btw.
A little bullying once in awhile for a little brother is fine.
That's a little weird how he's trying to make you all confident and shit, especially trying to make you start smoking dope.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Clouds. Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Clouds

Re: I'm getting abused by my brother - May 3rd 2010, 12:14 AM

This is an example of both physical and pscyhological abuse. Just because it isn't sexual doesn't mean that it isn't severe and just because he is your brother doesn't mean that he can get away with it.
Most people who abuse other do it because they aren't happy with their own lives, because you are his younger brother it shows what a coward he is picking on someone who can't defend themselves as well to make him feel better about himself and feel some sort of power.

You need to get help, you can't let this go on.
Didn't the police sort things out last time?
I know people sometimes see their older siblings as great and look up to them, but your brother doesn't sound smart to me. Just because they may be intellectually smart doesn't mean that they are emotionally or people smart- which he clearly isn't- so don't let him put you down.

Please tell someone about this again and don't sit in silence. I know that you might not want to get your brother in trouble, but its either he suffers for his actions or you do. Its your choice. Hope things improve soon

x<3x

~Happy to help *

Closed Thread