TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sin Offline
*pixie in training*
Not a n00b

Name: Sinead

Court Case - May 14th 2010, 01:24 PM

I was raped when i was 14 for the first time, it went on for years. When it all came out i had to go through this big court case. It was the hardest thing in the world for me to do but i done it. And i was one of the few that it worked out for. He was found guilty and sentenced to 16 years.

Happily ever after. Not.

He won his appeal on a stupid legal technicality. Now in 3 weeks time i have to do the whole thing all over again. Everyone thinks its gonna be easier because i done it before but its not its worse. If i knew last time what i was gonna be putting myself through i would have backed out. I cant face it again. I cant read about my life in the papers for weeks, cant go through the humiliation of being cross examined. This time im not strong enough.

Ive told my family i dont want to do it but they said i have no choice. Nobody will forgive me if i dont go through with it. But shouldnt it be my choice?? Im so confused. Everything is just getting out of control now

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: Court Case - May 14th 2010, 06:43 PM

Hey there,

I know court seems like it is the scariest thing in the world, and like it is never going to end. I've been there done that, and I know how you feel. I promise thought that things will be better once it is over. I don't know about you but for me, once court was over it made me feel better I knew the guy was put away and he could no longer hurt me or my little sister. I would imagine you felt the same way the first time court was over too. Think of it this way, if you can beat this guy TWICE, you have won. He won't be able to hurt you any longer. You should feel very proud of yourself for accomplishing this once. Don't let it get to you that much. Just walk into the court room and know that you are walking in with a purpose, know what you have to do and do it. It is alright to cry its alright to be scared and even terrified, but know that once it is done you won't have to do it again.

As far as it being your choice, if they subponea you then you DO NOT have a choice, if you were to not show up to court they could hold you in contempt of court. You can do this I have faith in you.

If you need anything feel free to P.M. me
Take care(:
Trisha
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
Closed Thread