TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Found Him... - May 22nd 2010, 12:44 AM

On a certain social networking site. Rhymes with Macecrook.

When I was thirteen, the man was thirty. It's really weird because even looking back on it I don't consider it abuse... I don't feel like It was. But I do question why he got with me. I found him... Six years later. I sent him a message that just said "Remember me?"

I don't know why I did it. I'm confused. For some reason in the last few days I've just started letting everything out that needs to be out... I've wanted to do this for awhile now. He's with a woman that ran after him while we were together. I feel like telling her the truth! Saying listen up, remember me? I taught your kids karate, and while that was happening your boyfriend was having relations (not sex) with a thirteen/fourteen year old.

At nineteen, I still don't view it as abuse since I wasn't harmed in anyway. But I do question why he was with me. He has every chance to hurt me, other things, and he never did. When I told him It was finished he actually cried and never talked to me again.

This is just strange to me guys. What do you think I should do say?

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Found Him... - May 22nd 2010, 01:55 AM

Hey Holly,

It's good to let it all out, but I'm not sure it's wise to regain contact with him. I guess it depends on your motive. If your motive is for closure or answers, then it might be okay. The best thing to say is what you did, and if you want closure, send him a private message on FB. If your motive is revenge, or to embarrass him, or cause problems, don't do it. If you don't know why you're doing, maybe you need to take a step back and think this through.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread