TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   Triggering: Is this considered rape? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t45482-considered-rape/)

Spit Fire May 27th 2010 01:43 AM

Is this considered rape?

Yesterday I was hanging with friends, and one of my friends decided it would be fun to go swimming in our bras and underpants(the one day I dont bind eh). I have liked her for a long time and she kissed and madeout with me. But something happened, when I was laying on my towel at the beach, she decided to strattle me. at first I thought it was nothing but then she forceably pulled my bra off, shit happened later but im not gonna go into detail.
What should I do about this, I could not sleep last night and when I did, I had nightmares about it. I wont even let my own bf touch me, or even my mom for that matter.
Could it be considered rape?

BTW im a Female to Male trans.

Casey. May 27th 2010 03:58 AM

Re: Is this considered rape?

I'm not sure if it is considered rape or not, it depends if anything oral happened, and on where you live. However, it is considered sexual assault in general, which is any unwanted sexual conduct You really should tell someone, at the very least talk to your friend about what happened. It's not something that you should keep to yourself, tell someone. What happened was wrong, and you shouldn't have to handle it alone.

Just hang in there.

Spit Fire May 27th 2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cas* (Post 395058)
I'm not sure if it is considered rape or not, it depends if anything oral happened, and on where you live. However, it is considered sexual assault in general, which is any unwanted sexual conduct You really should tell someone, at the very least talk to your friend about what happened. It's not something that you should keep to yourself, tell someone. What happened was wrong, and you shouldn't have to handle it alone.

Just hang in there.

Yes some oral did happen, as well as alot more, im gonna have a few good bruises in a few days.

I cant tell anyone, idk why, I just cant.

Angel May 27th 2010 04:36 AM

Did you let her know that you didn't want such physical contact?

Spit Fire May 27th 2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 395083)
Did you let her know that you didn't want such physical contact?

Yes I let her know that I didn't want it. Then she just hopped on me.

Megan1 May 27th 2010 05:38 PM

Since I don't know details, I don't know if it is considered rape. But it is definitely assault at the very least.

Jack May 27th 2010 07:20 PM

If you're in England it's not rape as a woman can't comit rape. The perpetrator must have a penis to comit rape.

However, it could very well be sexual assault. The law of sexual assault under Enligh law is this under the Sexual Offences Act 2003:

Quote:

3 Sexual assault
(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) he intentionally touches another person (B),
(b) the touching is sexual,
(c) B does not consent to the touching, and
(d) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
(2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.
So, in summary, yes what happened would be sexual assault but not rape. Also if she penetrated your anus or vagina with her fingers she could be guilty of the crime of assault by penetration under section 2 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

I appologise if you do not live in England, however you've not stated where it is that you live in your location box.

The best advice would be to get in touch with the police as soon as possible. The longer you leave it then, often, the less chance there is of a conviction.

---------

-This does not constitute proffesional legal advice. You would be advised to contact a lawyer and/or the police about this.

Spit Fire May 28th 2010 01:58 PM

I live in canada BTW