TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rawr?
Not a n00b

Name: Molly
Location: In the mooshiest, gooshiest, bloodiest part of your heart <3

My "best friend". - June 6th 2010, 07:34 AM

I've never told anyone about this before. Even my closest friends and family. I've wanted to, but I just couldn't. It happened a couple years ago. My best friend at the time and I were at her house, and suddenly she just wanted to have sex with me. When I refused, she tried to rape me. She chased me for hours. I forgave her.. and we were friends for another couple of years. I just never thought about it. Eventually I left her, and now she hates my guts. I see her almost everyday at school. She emotionally abused me when we were friends, brain washing me, and things like that. I just had to tell someone. I've kept my mouth shut for to long. I don't want to press charges or anything like that, it's been to long and no one would believe me anyways. It's just been bugging me lately...

Last edited by Emily.; June 7th 2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: removed prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: My "best friend". - June 6th 2010, 11:41 AM

Heya Molly,

Well done for coming here and letting us know what's happened to you, that's such a big scary step and you've done it! You should be proud of yourself for that, I'm certainly proud of you
What she did to you was wrong, no one should ever have to go through what you've been through.
Maybe it's better that you two aren't talking right now, that way it's a bit easier to try to get over this. You did the right thing by walking away from her, she couldn't continue to treat you in a bad way.
Have you thought about telling anyone else about this? There are people out there that can support you if you would really like the help, you don't need to suffer in silence.
You can be strong and get yourself through this, I believe in you.
If things get too bad, remember that we have LiveHelp and HelpLINK if you need someone to talk to, or you're very much welcome to send me a vm or pm.
Take care

xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
chelsealyn3994 Offline
Hakuna Matata (:
Not a n00b

Name: Chelsea

Re: My "best friend". - June 6th 2010, 03:24 PM

I agree with Hannah. Coming here and admitting what happened is a huge first step. Many people find that facing one person and telling them, is hard.. but when you come online to an open community and there's no one you HAVE to tell, well it's so much more comforting. Dealing with stuff like this is hard, and it's emotionally and physically exhausting, but don't let that stop you from getting help. If you ever seek professional help, they will help you confront the fears that you have, and you don't have to say anything you don't want to until you're ready.

Remember that what happened to you doesn't make you who you are- you choose what you want to become. Don't be afraid, you're very strong. I'm always just a PM away if you ever need help.

Never regret anything because at one time, it's exactly what you wanted. PM me. (:

Part of the Big Brother Big Sister program since 7/14/2010.
Be a friend. Be a mentor. Just be there.
  Send a message via AIM to chelsealyn3994  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OkamiLove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Evelyn

Re: My "best friend". - June 20th 2010, 01:46 PM

Good job for finally being able to tell someone that alone is a good sign. its an important step in getting over it. Keep your chin up things will get better

{Yes.I am confused about my life. And not everything makes a lot of sense right now. But I know that I love you and that you make everything alright,and thats all that matters to me <3 }
  Send a message via Yahoo to OkamiLove  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: My "best friend". - June 20th 2010, 05:31 PM

As this was bumped from two weeks ago, I'm going to go ahead and close it. Feel free to start another thread if you need anything else, Molly.

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread