TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guardian_Angel Offline
Protector.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Peter

Unhappy My friend... - June 25th 2010, 03:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am writing this for my friend... And I guess for myself.

She got severely assaulted several times at the start of this year by a group of guys in her area. I asked her to look at this forum and asked if I could post a thread on here for her (Its hard for her to talk about her feelings I think)

They did horrific things to her, and it wasn't just sexual but physical as well, however she sometimes tries to talk down what happened to her. We have gone in great detail about what happened but there is other issues in her life and we don't talk about it a lot.

What happened has changed her, but I don't know what is permanent and what isn't... She gets into moods when she is stressed where she is extremely angry, and suicidal at the same time and I don't know what to do to help her...

I have helped a lot of people but I am very close to her so its hard to see clearly. I think sometimes she has all this anger and emotion and can't let it out but she really just wants to be comforted and is weaker than ever.

She is blacking out and seeing things aswell... and she think that she was having hallucinations during some of it, and that in some ways makes it less bad but I don't agree...

I don't know her full feelings as she rarely talks about it... I think she hates herself so much...

I just want to help her and fix it and make it better but I don't know what to do...

Impossible
is a word
to be found only
in the dictionary of fools.

To do all that one is able to do,
Is to be a man;
To do all that one would like to do,
Is to be a god.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Quiero tener sandías con un patito como Tricia!

Last edited by Emily.; June 25th 2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: changed prefix to fit guidelines

(#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: My friend... - June 25th 2010, 03:58 AM

It'll be okay. I know, to a certain extent, how you feel. Sometimes my best friend goes through stuff and I am practically powerless to help him because he won't talk about it. My only suggestion that I can think of would be to try to talk with her about it and see if you can get her professional help. Once she lets it all out and gets help she'll feel better

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: My friend... - June 25th 2010, 04:00 AM

Hey there Peter.

It sounds like you are a really good friend wanting to help her out. Just being there for her and letting her know you will listen means a lot. It's okay if you don't always know what to say or do, just be there.

I think the best thing you can do for her is try and talk her into seeing a therapist. Overcoming an assault is an extremely hard thing to do and a lot of times we need a professional, who's trained for this, to help us heal. She deserves that.

If she is blacking out and hallucinating, it's definitely a good idea to have her see a doctor. You may be describing a severe flashback, but it could also be an underlying medical problem. Getting things checked out is the safest way to go.

I'm not sure how old your friend is or what her support system is like, but in some cases it's best to involve a person's family if you're worried about them. This is something that you will just have to use your best judgement on, though.

I hope you're doing okay right now. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread