TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
theferretparade Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ferretparade

i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 2nd 2010, 08:09 PM

I was drunk, and I know their hands went beyond a friendly pat on the shoulder. I know it because I can remember the pressure of their hand on me where it shouldn't have been. It didn't go further to anywhere or situation that would've been REALLY bad.. so I thought I could just forget about it, move on. But it's not better. I just feel terrible. Just hate and disgust at in my stomach all the time and I can't feel better.

No matter how I look at it, it was wrong. And they act like nothing happened! Like everything's okay. It makes me feel so angry and trapped! I can't tell what happened because it would break my family's heart, but I just hate him so much. I wanna punch his face in. I want to kill him. I feel disgusting and upset and angry and I just want things to be normal again.

Do I have the right to be this angry and this hurt? How can I know people won't hear my side of the story and just think I'm whining or making it up for attention? I know I shouldn't- no one should- be violated, so my feelings must be justified. I hate the way things are. I just wanna know that my position is right, that I have a right NOT to see this person ever again if this is how they think they can treat me. I'm tired of being silent and being alone.

Why is it that so often, my friend, those who are extremely successful in virtually everything they do are so unable to see that this is the case?

Yeah, you might not be the right person to ask.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 3rd 2010, 12:36 AM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry you were hurt this way and you have every right to feel the way you do. No one has the right to touch us without our consent and what happened was in no way your fault.

If you don't want to see the person that violated you, that's your choice. You definitely don't have to. And you don't have to keep silent about this, hun. You deserve to have support from the people you love. I know it might be hard for your family to hear what happened, but I still think you should tell them. It's good to have them behind you when you're going through hard times.

I also think it might really help you to work with a therapist for awhile. An assault is hard to move past, but having a counselor there to help you is definitely beneficial. It's nice to have someone there to listen who won't judge and knows how to help.

I hope you're doing okay right now and think about talking to your family? You really do deserve support. Feel free to PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
chelsealyn3994 Offline
Hakuna Matata (:
Not a n00b

Name: Chelsea

Re: i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 12th 2010, 02:34 AM

I agree very much with Emily.
I too have been in this position where it was a family member that I see on a weekly basis, and before I had enough courage to tell anyone, I struggled very much. I wanted him to fall of the face of the earth. But when I finally told a trusted adult, who was able to get me into counseling, it was the best feeling in the world.

I no longer care what he thinks or feels, and he no longer controls my thoughts. There's such a long list of things that telling someone could help you through, but you also need to know that you don't have to tell right away. You do so when you are ready, and again, you deserve all the support in the world. Best of luck, and I'm always just a PM away.

Never regret anything because at one time, it's exactly what you wanted. PM me. (:

Part of the Big Brother Big Sister program since 7/14/2010.
Be a friend. Be a mentor. Just be there.
  Send a message via AIM to chelsealyn3994  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
deartrixie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Trixie Stone

Re: i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 12th 2010, 02:49 AM

Well first of all, you arent alone and you have every right to feel the way you do. Secondly, did you know him, or was it a stranger? Theres always going to be he-said-she-said conflict, but the important part is, YOU know the truth and theres no denying that. I know it hurts, believe me, I know, but sometimes, you just have to try to block out what people say, the negative things at least, and focus on you, because thats all that matters. you can PM me anytime.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anna Skye Offline
live and let love...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 12th 2010, 03:06 AM

First off, I'm so sorry this happened to you, and you have every right to be upset and hurt. You also have every right to express how you feel. Nobody should feel silenced. <3

If you read this signature,
know that someone cares about you.
You are not alone.

<3 Contact me

last cut: 4 august 2010
last purge: 13 march 2010

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 12th 2010, 12:31 PM

You have absolutely every right to feel that way. A lot of people in your situation blame themselves entirely, so realizing that it's wrong and hating the one who did this instead is really a good thing. Telling your family might be a good idea, I'm sure they care and I'm certain they would be happier you got this off your mind and felt better, rather than coping with it all alone and feeling awful. People will not think you're making it up for attention, just tell them honestly what happened. I know it's difficult, but it's not your fault in any way whatsoever, don't forget that, and you don't deserve to suffer alone.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
InnerDarkness Offline
Local Attitude Problem
Average Joe

Name: Ethan

Re: i hate him so much. is it ok the feel like this? - July 12th 2010, 01:02 PM

[Edited by bringontherain - Reason: unhelpful to OP]

I don't believe its right to take advantage of someone because they are in that state.

Everyone has enemies and people they don't like or respect, sometimes for stupid little reasons and other times for real ones like this. If you do see him again, why not tell him quietly that you are aware of his actions and you've lost all respect for him because of it. There isn't a lot more you can do without the law getting involved.

I think thousands of people will agree that your feelings are justified and those who disagree will probably be ground out by them. There's nothing wrong with feeling angry, its a natural human instinct and in this situation it is completely logical for you to feel angry, if it happened to me I would be angry - I've even been angry at people taking advantage of my friends when they're drunk (and that's when I was sober, so no outside influence).

I guess my point is - Don't feel like a bad person for being angry, because almost everyone would feel the same in your position.

We are taught never to shed tears, for to shed tears means that you have been defeated by emotion and that simple act of crying proves, without question, that negative emotions are nothing but a burden.

Last edited by Emily.; July 13th 2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: unhelpful to OP

Closed Thread