TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Just wanting to share... - July 15th 2010, 02:38 AM

I have just relized my life has been full of abuse. Since I was young my dad has been emotionaly abusive to my mom and myself. My mom and dad soon got a divorce and my mom got a abusive boyfriend this boyfriend would threaten to beat me. And he would call me names all the time as soon as my mom broke up with this boyfriend for other reasons not the abuse. My mom found yet another very abusive boyfriend he would pick on me and call me names untill I would cry uncontrollbly. Then in the 8th grade I was sexually hurt by a classmate he touched me 3 times and threated to kill me. After that while by moms boyfriend was abusing me his son sexually hurt me as well. I really can't rembemer details about this because it was at the same time as the classmates abuse. I am now 17 and will be a senior in the fall. I still see 4 of the 5 people that have abused me. And I can't get it out of my head. I'm really tired of dealing with all of this. My sleep has been out of whack, I self harm, I have nightmares, and flashbacks. I'm scared I will never be able to get this out of my head. I'm hurting so much. I hate this... If you can give me any advise I would really like that. I just don't know how life can be so cruel to me and I'm only 17.
Meg

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Just wanting to share... - July 15th 2010, 08:24 PM

Hey there, Meg.

It sounds like you have really been through a lot already and I'm sorry so many people in your life have hurt you. It's hard to heal from abuse, but it can be done. Don't give up, okay?

Have you thought about reporting any of the people that have hurt you in the past? I know it can be a scary thought, but they shouldn't get away with what they did. And you deserve to be safe. Maybe you could talk to your mom about it? Or a teacher when school starts back up?

I also think it would really help you to try therapy. Recovering from abuse is hard and we really do need the support of others. Having someone who knows how to help us heal and over come what's happened is really beneficial. Plus it's nice to have someone to talk to who has to keep everything confidential and will never judge.

I hope you're doing okay right now, Meg. You can PM me anytime if you want to talk.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: Just wanting to share... - July 15th 2010, 11:42 PM

Hey Meg,
I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you at such a young age.
I'm curious though as to does your mom know about everything thats happened to you?
If I were you, this is what I would tell myself; "Only one year. One year and then I can move away and never see any of these people again."
Be strong, I'm again, very sorry for everything that has happened to you, but I', a strong believer in the whole "Everything happens for a reason."
Maybe this experience made you stronger, or maybe it'll make you a better person.
I'm not so sure. Sorry if this really isn't helping to much.
Maybe you should seek therepy or just talk to someone about whats been going on.
Message me if you need anything.
-Bryri
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: Just wanting to share... - July 16th 2010, 02:54 AM

I appricate both of your guys advise Emily and Bryri .
I have told my mom she believes most of it but she thinks I should be over it.
And I do actually see a therapist I've told her these things but I just needed some more support I guess... But thank you It's just really hard and I just don't know how much "stronger" I can be...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
chelsealyn3994 Offline
Hakuna Matata (:
Not a n00b

Name: Chelsea

Re: Just wanting to share... - July 26th 2010, 06:10 PM

Hi Meg,

It sounds like a really tough situation, but the good thing is is that you're taking care of yourself and focusing on today. Recovering is a big thing, and while you feel you may never be over it, it will become easier to deal with. Seeing your abusers though probably isn't the best thing for you though. Maybe you could mention to your mom that you don't want to see them, that way you an try and plan around when you may see them.

It's wonderful that you're in therapy. I think it's one of the most helpful things in the world, especially with so much on your plate. I really wish you the best of luck and never, ever give up.
♥Chelsea.

Never regret anything because at one time, it's exactly what you wanted. PM me. (:

Part of the Big Brother Big Sister program since 7/14/2010.
Be a friend. Be a mentor. Just be there.
  Send a message via AIM to chelsealyn3994  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Just wanting to share... - July 27th 2010, 07:27 PM

Hey Meg Im so sorry about the things that have happened but i know where you are coming from so if you need someone to talk to or maybe some advice your very welcome to pm me.

Closed Thread