TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

CPS - July 18th 2010, 10:12 PM

Ok well i just know that i have just told what had happen this passed week and then there was a report made by my therapist and she is very helpful but i am really scared now what do i do ?

i dont think that i can take it anymore, i want to back out???????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: CPS - July 18th 2010, 11:12 PM

Hi Theresa,

First of all, congratulations on speaking up about what is happening your home. I realize that can be incredibly confusing and distressing, so I really applaud you.

The idea of the CPS coming to your home must sound terrifying. But the fact of the matter is that they are not actually as big and bad as they are made out to be. Most likely, they will not be taking you from your home; that is usually reserved as a last resort when things are desperate and all other options have been exhausted. So if you are afraid of that, try not to fret too much.

The CPS is composed of a lot of really nice people. Their job, first and foremost, is to work with the family to try to resolve any disputes and mend broken relationships. They will probably ask you and your parents/guardians some questions. Keep in mind that they are not trying to pry; they want to help you and need to gain a bit of insight into your situation in order to do so. Just be cooperative and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Honesty is important, as it will allow them to know how to best approach your situation.

The CPS is nothing to be afraid of. They are there to help you and your family, not hurt, and to make life better and easier for all of you.

I hope this helps. Take care!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: CPS - July 19th 2010, 12:22 AM

Hey Theresa.

Wow.. being honest with your therapist and telling her what happened, is such an incredible achievement. First and foremost, you should be so proud of yourself for telling the truth and reaching out for help. By no means is it the easiest thing in the world to do. It takes a considerable amount of strength and courage to reach out, and believe it or not - the hardest and scariest part is almost over. You took such a huge step by reaching out to your therapist, and things will only get easier now someone knows what's going on, and you have access to help.

Kylie is absolutely right; CPS only wants to help. They'll probably send someone to your home, to talk with you and your family. Keep in mind that whoever comes, will most likely have experience with these things and will know how to make this as easy and as comfortable as possible for you. Don't be afraid to speak up! It's okay to let them know you're a bit afraid. Be honest, like you were with your therapist, and don't feel like you have to hold anything back. The more you tell, the easier it will be for them to help you. If you're worried that, when the time comes, you'll freeze or won't know what to say - try writing something down beforehand, like a list of things you want to say, or the whole story.. whatever you think might help.

You could also try giving your therapist a call.. tell her how you're feeling about CPS and the report. Talking about it out loud with someone, before CPS comes, could really help calm you down.

Keep your chin up.. you are so strong for making it this far. Best of luck and take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ruki Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Name: Jodie

Re: CPS - July 19th 2010, 01:40 AM

Hey,

I have gone through the whole CPS stuff..yeah its scary but it helps IF you don't lie to them. They are there to make sure that you are safe and to help you If you want to talk, feel free to talk to me!

Jodie
  Send a message via MSN to ruki  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
kgaines1984 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: CPS - July 22nd 2010, 07:33 PM

Good move, your strong Theresa. I am proud of you. CPS is there to help you, dont lie to them, be honest about whatever is going on. Good luck.

Closed Thread