TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
roxas Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Help - July 21st 2010, 08:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok when i was 3 years old my mum would drop me off at her friends house to go shopping and her friend would go with her and i was left with her son thats when he started raping me and once he even called me to play and i whent to him and he locked door and started doing that again i was really young that time i didnt know what was going on and he only did when mums where out and he stopped doing it after 3 months.....my big brother suggested this site for help and i dont whant to tell parents because they would go over the roof! so please help me.

Last edited by Emily.; July 26th 2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: changed prefix to fit guidelines

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: Help - July 21st 2010, 08:45 PM

Hey, First off I want to say welcome to the site
Secondly, I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through, but you have done the right thing in posting on here for help. We are all here to support you, and one thing that you need to do is not blame yourself. This is a horrid thing to happen and I, along with many others can understand your pain. Well done in telling your brother, is there anyone else you feel you could go to? Such as the police?
message me if you want thinking of you

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Help - July 22nd 2010, 12:41 AM

I want to say well done for telling your brother and reaching out for support. I know that can be a REALLY hard first step Sounds like what you went through was awful. I can imagine that's had a big impact on your life. How are you feeling about the situation now? How do you think it still effects you? Do you remember details or just the feelings? How can we help you recover (as best you can) from this? Perhaps you should explore your feelings about the whole situation. Identify some of your emotions and start there.

I'm really glad you've come here for help- you should be really proud of yourself
I'm here if you need anything,
-Amy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: Help - July 22nd 2010, 05:44 AM

Hey there,

First of all, I want you to know that you did the right thing by telling your brother about what happened. I know that must have been extremely difficult...but it will be well worth it in the end. You do not have to go through this alone; you are loved, and your friends and family want nothing more than to help you through this.

I will not lie; when your parents find out about what happened, they will be upset....but they will not be upset with you. They love you, and it will hurt them to know that you were put through something so terrible and traumatic. However, it will help them SO much when they know what's going on...as I said before, they just want to help. Let them in, allow them to support you. I know you can do this.

In the mean time, take good care of yourself. Many users here on TeenHelp know how hard it can be to get through the day some times. Push on, stay strong. Talk to us, talk to your brother. Talk about how you're feeling until there's nothing left to say. Communication is such an important tool in recovery, especially when it comes to sexual abuse. I've also found that writing can be extremely helpful, especially if you don't particularly feel like talking to someone at the time.

Take care of yourself. If you'd ever like to talk, feel free to send me a private message.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jenny. Offline
~Computer Hugger~
Not a n00b

Name: Jenny

Re: Help - July 23rd 2010, 03:38 PM

Hi dear, I'm so so sorry that happened to you. That was super brave of you to tell your brother about what happened. That's definitely a step in the right direction. Another really good step would be to tell your family. Unless you're absolutely sure it would only bring harm instead of help. I hope that this helped in anyway! Let me know if you need anything at all.
Jen
  Send a message via MSN to Jenny.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: Help - July 24th 2010, 02:20 AM

It's very brave of you to come and ask for help... I know you may not want to tell your parents but I would like they would want to support and help you through this... I would strongly recommend that you think about telling them.

I also think you should report it, what he did was wrong and he needs to face up to the conciquences of his actions.

Then I think you should seek counselling, I know how hard it can be to face things in your past that are scary but I promise you counselling can be a really healing process.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
Closed Thread