TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Connie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Connie

Father+drunk=animal - July 25th 2010, 08:22 PM

I really have no-one to talk to. Feeling uncertain.

Last night dad home late ( 2 am -ish) from a euchre tournament, drunk.

Mom and sis went to bed around 11 but i stayed up to chat on the computer, so i was still up when he got home. I had all the lights off so he didn't know i was up.

I heard him come upstairs and go into their bedroom, and heard some "loud" whispering but didn't think anything until I heard mom say no, some what loudly. There was sounds of movement and I'm sure I heard dad say bitch, then some moaning sounds. I'm sure he forced mom to have sex with him.

This morning mom was sitting in the living room alone having a coffee, it was obvious she had been crying. She just told me she wasn't feeling well and probably just going thru the change of life. I don't think this was the first time, as I had found her a few times sitting in the living room alone early in the morning over the past few years.

She won't talk about it, sis won't talk about it.... I feel so bad, but have no idea what to do or who to talk to. I don't even know if there is anything i can do...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Re: Father+drunk=animal - July 25th 2010, 09:16 PM

Hey im not real sure about what you should do but here is ab idea sit with her and talk to her. It doesn't have to be about what happened just talk, tell her how your day was. Just make sure she doesn't feel alone. See if she wants to talk about what's wrong but don't push her.

If you ever need somebody to talk to pm/vm me.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Father+drunk=animal - July 25th 2010, 09:57 PM

First of all, let her know you are there for her to talk too; just in general would be great. Like you do not have to say I am here for you to talk to about dad raping you or something. If you are afraid of this try writing her just a simple letter.

Also, know that it is NOT your fault. Many people tend to think things like that are, but they are not. The only person fault it is is the person doing the crime. Therefore, you have no reason to feel badly about it.

Lastly, The best idea is probably to call the law because NO ONE deserves what your father is doing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Connie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Connie

Re: Father+drunk=animal - July 26th 2010, 02:52 PM

Thank you for your posts, and your support. It does help.

I would like to call the police, but she would not admit anything happened so nothing will come of that. My sister and I did talk to her thru the day about the usuall general stuff and she seemed to be a bit happier and relaxed.

She never spoke about what happened, i guess i do have to let her deal with it in her way, but that hurts. Also, seeing her get back into bed with him the following night. I dont want her to get hurt any more and feel so useless.

I could have stop him. All I had to do was to open the door and turn on the light, instead of cowering in the dark like an asshole. I could have prevented it too if I had stayed up. But instead I let her get abused. She stayed silent while he did it, probably not to wake us up. I can't forget that. I just want to take her away, I want her to talk about it, I am so confused. I wish it was me instead.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Re: Father+drunk=animal - July 26th 2010, 06:09 PM

It is not your fault. He would have done something to you. dont wish it was you instead. honestly just be there for her to talk to. let her know that you care about her.

If you ever need somebody to talk to pm/vm me.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
Closed Thread