TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
werebear11d7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

CPS Help? - July 29th 2010, 01:28 PM

Yo, me and a close relative have been talking about calling cps for a bit now. Just realised that it is not normal to wake up with bugs crawling on you. Nor is it to have flys crawling in your food before you eat it. Also medical and emotional neglect (bugs are physical).

Pretty sure we (I have 3 other bros) are going to get taken away. I have found sites that explain what happens to the parents, but not minors. Could someone tell me what is going to happen?

I need this information very soon, they are coming sometime within the next few hours.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: CPS Help? - July 29th 2010, 01:31 PM

They'll speak with you - to find out what you have to say about what's going on. And they'll try to see if there's a family relative you can stay with.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
werebear11d7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: CPS Help? - July 29th 2010, 01:36 PM

Thank you a great deal

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: CPS Help? - July 29th 2010, 01:46 PM

*This was the first thing that came up, it's kinda intense to read. It may not be exactly like this, just to give you an idea.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...to.html?cat=17

Quote:
Now do you know what happens when a child is taken out of the home?

Generally, the child will be removed at night; around eleven o'clock is a popular time. Why? There are usually less people at the home and the ones there are usually just the people living inside the home. At this time of the night, people are also usually starting to wire down for the night, they aren't as combative. Friday nights also seems to be the popular night of the week.

Of course, the family has been investigated first and there has been a finding that shows the child is being neglected or abused.

A social worker usually travels along with a police officer, sometimes in the same car. The police officer will knock on the door, speak to the parents, show proof of what is happening. The social worker will then go to the child and if the child is old enough gently wake the child. The child will then be told that he/she is going have to leave with them. Imagine this poor child. Remember this child has probably been woken. There is a stranger in his/her room. Mom could be crying. Dad could be cursing. The social worker hands him a bag and asks him/her to pack a bag of his/her stuff.

After the bag is packed, the child is taken passed mom and dad to the police car. Again, try to imagine how this poor child is feeling.

The child is now placed into the car and taken to the local children service building. He/she is asked a series of questions and is examined for head lice.He/she may also be asked to change into some other clothes so the social worker can see if there is any bruises on his/her body.

After the social worker is finished with his/her duties the soon to be foster parents are called. They will either be called to pick up the child or the social worker will bring the child to them.

Either way, the child is put into another car and taken to this strange home. He/she is left with strangers.

The strangers may be nice. The strangers may want to help. The strangers may live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, yet they are still strangers.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: CPS Help? - July 30th 2010, 02:40 PM

Hey -

Remember that ultimate goal of CPS is to ensure you and your siblings are safe, happy, and healthy. Removing you from your home is a 'last resort' kind of deal, and not a guarantee. CPS is full of trained professionals who want to make the process as easy and as comfortable as possible for everyone involved - so if taking you from your home can be avoided, they'll try everything else first.

They'll conduct an investigation first - they'll talk to you, your siblings, your family and relatives, possibly your neighbors as well. A plan will be developed based on their findings. Your parents might have to take some classes, someone from CPS may check in regularly to see if things are improving, etc. If (and only if) the situation cannot be changed or fixed, they'll look for a family member living nearby to temporarily care for you and your siblings, to disrupt your lives as little as possible. If there's no suitable family member, THEN you'll be placed in the care of an approved family. Again, this is only temporary, until your parents can show CPS they're fit to take care of you.

Hope this helps some - contacting CPS is a huge step, and requires a ton of strength and courage, so be really proud of yourself for even considering this. Best of luck and take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

Closed Thread