TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
krazymonkeyy77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

need some advice - August 1st 2010, 02:33 AM

ok so a few months ago i noticed a guy would follow me when i was at the mall near my house and one day i was walking home and he was still following me so i went away from my house to try to lose him but i ended up near a small wooded area where he dragged me into the trees and raped me. i was afraid to tell my parents what happened because i wasnt supposed to have left my house but i decided to tell my boyfriend. a couple weeks ago i saw him again and my boyfriend tried hiding me in the bathroom near us but someone saw us and thought we were going to have sex. i tried telling what happened but i didnt tell all of it so no one believed us and my parents got a restraining order against my boyfriend. i want to tell my parents so i can be with my boyfriend again but i dont know if they will drop the restraining order. also im not sure how to tell them. help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: need some advice - August 1st 2010, 04:34 AM

Tell your parents the truth. Tell the police what happened.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Re: need some advice - August 1st 2010, 04:53 AM

Just tell them the truth.

If you ever need somebody to talk to pm/vm me.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
krazymonkeyy77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: need some advice - August 2nd 2010, 02:08 AM

my parents dont listen or care when i try to tell them. they act like its not important and i should just get over it. any ideas on how to make them listen?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: need some advice - August 2nd 2010, 02:47 AM

It was a crime - inform the police. They'll have to listen to the police.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: need some advice - August 2nd 2010, 03:33 AM

ok i know its very hard to talk about these things in the first place because something similar happened to me but you have to explain what really happened to your parents and tell them about how you left out the details and why. They are your parents of course they care they just are trying to do what they think its best for you and don't realize what is going on. Even if they don't believe you then you should tell the cops because then they have to listen to you either way. And this time tell the cops what really happened dont skip what you know they need to hear ok? It might be hard for you to do at first but it will benefit you and your boyfriend and make sure that creep doesnt come back or hurt anyone else!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cryingangel Offline
Average Joe

Name: idiot

Re: need some advice - August 2nd 2010, 05:43 AM

try write it down in a letter to each of them
explaining exactly whats hapend y u were where u were and y u havent told them yet.
explin how it made u feel and that u keep seeing him.
then explan what happend with your boyfriend and that it wasnt what they thought and u2 wouldnt do that. say he repects u to much after what happend.

and put the end that u wanna talk to them both but dunno what to say so its easier to write.

mention u really miss ur bf and want him bck ask them to drop the restraining order snd help u tell the police the truth so they can take the rapest from the streets and protect others.

hun if u need anythin pm me or find me in chat

i have a guardian angel watching over me she tells me what to do when i have no clue

(#8 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: need some advice - August 2nd 2010, 07:01 PM

Honey, I would tell the police. Rape is a crime. This is your body that was violated. The police deserve to know exactly what happened so they can stop this man from doing the same thing to other young women. I know it won't be easy, but just know that you've got friends on this site that will listen and always try to help.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kara396 Offline
Kara396
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Re: need some advice - August 9th 2010, 03:59 AM

It's really difficult to get through something like this, honestly, i would know. But one of your fears may be that your parents won't listen. But you need to at least try, see if a close friend will maybe help you tell them? You can get a rape kit done at the hospital to prove that you were raped. If you need someone to talk to then just message me, I would love to help as much as I can.

Closed Thread