TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Frangelina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Fran

Question nobody knows - August 3rd 2010, 03:37 AM

nobody knows that when i was 7 i got sexually abused by a boy i knew..
nobody knows that a few years later a girl took to sexually abusing me too.
dont get me wrong i wasnt raped or anything just yanoo... other stuff

I feel dirty, humiliated and like scum.

It all happened years ago now but recently its all i can think about..

for most of my life people have been taking advantage of me and ive had enough now... no wonder im so screwed up.

im thinking of writing a letter to my CPN and telling him everything thats happened to me but hes not seeing me until the 16th and i dont know if i will be able to do it then, it seems like such a long time away.

im so ashamed and embarassed about what happened im scared of letting him know, what will happen if i tell him?
will he have to tell my parents even if its not happened in years?

any words of wisdom or encouragement would be appreciated.

much love,
chesca xox

LIVE

LOVE

LIFE

(#2 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Re: nobody knows - August 3rd 2010, 04:19 AM

Tell him. You need to tell someone. If you don't think you can say it out loud then write it in a letter. Just let him know. While it may seem like along way away it's only 13 days. If he does tell your parents then atleast they know and you won't have to tell them. I think he won't I know in the US we have a law that says they can't say anything and I think it'd apply here but I'm not sure how it works in the UK. I know how you are feeling. If you ever need someone to talk to pm me.

If you ever need somebody to talk to pm/vm me.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Geb12596 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Grace

Re: nobody knows - August 3rd 2010, 04:32 AM

sometimes it helps me to write an anonymous letter and tie it to a balloon and just let it go. because sometimes you can't handle telling someone and having to look at them or face them and somehow its like telling the universe or shouting it from a rooftop but ya know... quieter

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Frangelina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Fran

Re: nobody knows - August 3rd 2010, 01:33 PM

i dont think i could write it and tie it to a balloon for fear of someone finding it

I feel like i need to let people know after all this is the reason ive been so down recently, well one of them anyway...

im so worried that my parents will find out and that it will just give them another reason to exclude me from the family.

Is suppose 13 days isnt long but when you cant sleep because its replaying in your mind it just feels like so much longer.

im physically and mentally drained right about now.

chesca xox

LIVE

LOVE

LIFE

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xbatmanx37 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: nobody knows - August 4th 2010, 05:16 AM

I think you should tell him, he is bound by confidentiality and he won't tell your parents. Sometimes letting things out can make you feel better. It is not your fault or anything that you did to make these things happen to you. There are people in the world that take advantage of others, but it is only because they have issues within themselves, but remember there are also wonderful people out there that will treat others with the utmost compassion. I have been through some similar experiences as you, if you need to talk Im here.

Closed Thread