TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
braulio09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Girlfriend Abused by Cops - August 3rd 2010, 09:22 AM

Hello, I'm just having an awful night right now, but mostly because of my inability to help the person I love.

Here's the story. My girlfriend and I had gone to a party that was a bummer so we left for dinner and then drove towards her home. On the way there, she wanted to smoke a cigarette so we stopped. After I had been depressed about family issues earlier, I asked her for a hug and we made out a bit. I felt the need to drive somewhere dark, even though I knew it was dangerous. Here, I must clarify that we're both virgins and only in this past week and a half have we done anything like oral sex or humping without penetration.

We went and parked by a canal, where it was really dark. Seemed dangerous but hormones wouldn't let us think. After a while, two cop cars came and made us leave the car. My girlfriend was almost completely undressed and the cops kept shining the lights at her. After we got down, I desperately tried to get to her but the cops wouldn't let me. When I finally could, we were really scared and we were even trembling.

Since we live in Mexico, we offered the cop all the money I had but he seemed to think it wasn't enough. They split us apart and left her a few feet away from me with this disgusting, bald, fat son of a bitch that kept eyeing her like he was raping her. After rushing through the discussion with the cop I gave him my iPod and my money and he let us go, but not before the disgusting cop had eyed my gf so horrifically and a female cop had harrassed her telling her she was worthless and she should be locked with all the hookers.

I spent the next hour calming her down because she was feeling worthless. She felt violated by the cop, started thinking she was a whore (18 and I'm the only guy she's ever done anything with), started losing it because they could have raped her and shot us both (drug war in our city has caused a lot of these things to happen). , cried because she felt like she had disappointed everyone in her life and she "just felt awful," and finally she was afraid I'd think she was a whore. All in all, I could only reassure her that I loved her and promised to never be that stupid again and protect her with my very last breath, but she felt the same.

She feels so bad she sent me a text saying I can break it off anytime I want someone that's worth living. She had a bit of trouble breathing (used to have asthma) and I'm afraid she'll have an episode of arrythmia (happened to her once before). We just spent another hour IMing with the same results....I just can't soothe her and she says she can see the sicko of a cop everytime she closes her eyes and hear the female cop calling her a whore.

How can I help her? It really pains me that because I was insistent today, this all happened. I can't stand knowing she isn't happy. Help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Girlfriend Abused by Cops - August 5th 2010, 01:24 AM

Hey there,

It sounds like you really care about your girlfriend a lot. She seems lucky to have you.

The best thing you can do for your girlfriend right now is to just be there for her. Listen if she wants to talk and if she doesn't, don't push. Just keep reassuring her the way you have been and give her some time.

It sounds like her self-esteem and sense of worth was damaged pretty badly by all of this. It might help her to go through some therapy. Maybe you could suggest it and help her find someone to talk to?

I hope you're doing okay right now and you can PM me if you ever need to talk.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread