TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Question Friend A Victim Of Domestic Abuse - August 16th 2010, 11:00 PM

Well, me and my friend were talking today, and she confessed to me that her father has been starting to hurt her and her older sister recently. He would push them to the ground and threaten to hurt them more. She says that she thinks its her fault because she was being rude to her mom, even though i've told her its never her fault. When we were talking about this, I told her she should go to the police about it; and she told me she will if she starts getting bruised or cut. I want her to now before that happens, but she won't, and on her request, I won't go to the poliece either. And while i was convincing her (or trying) to go to the police, i told her that there will be a trial and he will face jail time (if guilty) and i did the opposite of convincing her! Her father is the main money maker of the house and if he gets convicted, they will loose the house. What should i do? I'm helping her through this as much as i can and im just trying to be there. Thanks
  Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Furubasu Offline
FISHSTICKS!
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: Friend A Victim Of Domestic Abuse - August 19th 2010, 12:39 AM

It sounds to me like you're doing the right thing by being there for her. If she wants to talk to an adult about it or seek help from authorities or school administration, let her know you'll be there for her and you'll go with her if she wants you to, but you don't have to if she doesn't. Let her know she and her sister are always welcome in your house (if that truly is what it is) and she should never be afraid to come to you. I'm not sure if you'd want to tell anyone if she doesn't want you to, but if she asks you to be the messenger, try to be supportive.

I either feel like no one cares, and that I should be breaking things, and that everything is falling apart, or that everything is great, and I can do anything, and I really do have friends.

I'm stuck halfway in between.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
someoneoutthere Offline
*if you really knew me*
Not a n00b

Name: R.

Re: Friend A Victim Of Domestic Abuse - August 27th 2010, 05:03 AM

honestly, i know exactly how you feel.
if you want to talk, PM me.
i dont really know what to do either, and i dont want things to get worse, in either situations.

-i still believe,
that there is more love than hate, theres more heart than ache,
and we are stuck in this great big world together-
<3
-red jumpsuit apparatus

Closed Thread