TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jae Offline
Cold Hands, Warm Heart
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Janine

How to make it stop? - August 17th 2010, 08:29 AM

So... one of my former teachers has touched me sexually a few times, even though he knows I don't want him to.
I know it's wrong. I do know that. But I can't bring myself to tell anyone. Not even a therapist. When it happens, I freeze. It's like I forget how to speak. And basically I was just wondering if anyone knows some ways I can work on saying "no". Or "stop". Or anything at all really...

"He kissed her, he kissed her, he kissed her.
Little, by little, by little."

- Gregory Maguire

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: How to make it stop? - August 17th 2010, 09:50 AM

Hey Jae,

I went thru something similar to that 4 years ago. I know what its like to freeze up like that. Looking back, I wish I had spoken up. It's harder then it looks, I know. You just have to try to & define your voice. Its not to late to say something about it. You can find the strength to tell someone. Rather its a friend or a therapist. If you can't completely comprehend whats happened, maybe they can help you find your voice in the matter & help make sure it won't happen to anybody else. Keep strong. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me anytime..

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe

The only truth is change, have patience

Last edited by Mixtape91; August 17th 2010 at 09:55 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Zum Zum Girl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: miss_anthropy10

Re: How to make it stop? - August 17th 2010, 07:46 PM

I agree with Hannah.

And also, if you're struggling to find the words to say, try writing it down in a note to someone? I had a similar situation to this last year with a man who was hired to teach our class, and had to do a bit of fighting to get my point across, but in the end, he was go.

Remember, chances are if he's doing this to you, its probably not the first time. Don't let that stop you from seeking help about it though, and feel free to PM me any time.

And when I'm not sure how to try,
Who will take my hand?
  Send a message via Yahoo to Zum Zum Girl  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: How to make it stop? - August 17th 2010, 08:11 PM

Is it possible you could write it down in a letter and give it to your therapist or a friend or someone you trust instead? It might be a lot easier than actually saying it. You could even leave it with them and ask them to read it while you're not around if their response worries you. But you can find help, and it's definitely worth telling someone. If you do reach out, it can be stopped for good and you wont have to worry again. Stay strong and best of luck.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread