TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lu

I was raped on saturday - August 30th 2010, 04:30 AM

I was raped and beaten on saturday morning and im still in hospital. I just want to go home and pretend it never happened. Is it ok for me to just deny it and move on with my life. Or do i need to address it and talk about it.

Take Care
Lu xx

Lynda-May
Borderline Personality
PTSD
Firbromyalga Sufferer
cutter
sexual assult and abuse survivor
anorexic/bulimic/EDNOS
Suicide Suvivor
Bipolar

Last edited by x_beautifullybroken_x; August 30th 2010 at 11:23 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
someoneoutthere Offline
*if you really knew me*
Not a n00b

Name: R.

Re: I was raped on saturday - August 30th 2010, 04:34 AM

its going to be a rough healing process. and no one will know how you're feeling more than you will. if you are comfortable talking about it, then you should. i'm sure there are people that will listen and comfort and support you. if not, then take it slow and easy. there is no point in putting yourself in more pain than your already in.

-i still believe,
that there is more love than hate, theres more heart than ache,
and we are stuck in this great big world together-
<3
-red jumpsuit apparatus

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rebeccajane Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I was raped on saturday - August 30th 2010, 05:15 AM

Hey there hun,
Im so so sorry that this happened to you. I think, its definatly something that you need to address. Otherwise it will keep popping up and sooner or later you'd have to face it.
Take care. Pm me if you need hun.
Rebecca x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I was raped on saturday - August 30th 2010, 05:54 AM

I also think that you need to address it... At least until you get closure. Because I agree.. It probably will end up coming back up in your life... Whether someone brings it up, someone mentions rape, you have a dream or flashback...

I hope all is going well for you and will continue to go well.
STAY STRONG <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lu

Re: I was raped on saturday - August 30th 2010, 11:22 AM

I was abused for years during my childhood and in return im pretty fucked up for it. But there's one thing differn't instead of flashbacks, every noise i here is the same song that was playing at the time (i was in a night club) has this every happened to anybody? Its like im going crazy and hearing things!

Take Care
Lu xx

Lynda-May
Borderline Personality
PTSD
Firbromyalga Sufferer
cutter
sexual assult and abuse survivor
anorexic/bulimic/EDNOS
Suicide Suvivor
Bipolar

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I was raped on saturday - August 30th 2010, 12:07 PM

Hey,

Denying what happened is another way of ignoring a problem; while it may seem like the easy thing to do, it really just makes the healing process that much harder. As great as it might be to be able to change the past, the fact is you can't go back in time and change what happened. Pretending it didn't happen doesn't change that it did. The longer you bottle it inside, the longer you hold it back and try to push it away, the harder it's going to be to cope when you finally do have to face it. And yes, eventually, you will have to face this. You can't bottle something this big forever.. because little parts of it will keep escaping the bottle, and you won't be able to push it back in. So yes, you do have to address this and talk about it, because the sooner you do, the sooner you can begin to heal.

I think, hearing that song in your head is a different type of flashback.. instead of thinking about the actual rape, you're remembering other details you might have noticed at the time. It sounds kind of crazy, right, you're being hurt in such a horrible way and what you notice is the music, but sometimes that happens. It's a way of blocking out what was happening, does that make sense? I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, or that that's definitely why you're remembering the music - I just want to reinforce that you aren't crazy, that it's not an uncommon or abnormal reaction, everyone reacts in their own way.

Is there someone in your life you can talk to about this, Lu? A close friend, family member, someone at your school? Because yes, talking about this will help. Having a strong support system can be extremely beneficial. Reach out to the people around you, ask for help, talk about what's on your mind - or express yourself in other ways. Write, blog, draw or paint, play music, sing.. whatever helps you to let out how you're thinking and feeling. It's so important that you don't bottle this - the more you bottle, the longer it's going to take to heal. Talk to someone about what happened - not just the rape but the abuse from your childhood.

Best of luck and take care of yourself, really hope things start to look up for you soon.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Re: I was raped on saturday - September 6th 2010, 01:56 AM

Hey there,
I am so sorry about what happened to you, honey
i think that you should talk about it. If you dont have anyone to talk about to that you are close to, then I think you should at least talk about it here, on TH, becasue I dont thing that rape is something you can just forget about. I noticed that you are new here. Welcome.
If you EVER want to talk in the least, please dont hesitate to PM me
Let me know how things go for you
All my love,
Melody
If you ever want to talk

Stay forever lovely
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
:)
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: I was raped on saturday - September 6th 2010, 05:45 PM

I'm sorry about what you went through. I don't think you should just forget about it because it eventually keep coming to you. Maybe you can talk to someone you trust and slowly let it out. The supportive people in your life will eventually help you move on as long as you help yourself. It may be a long healing process and just have the willpower and courage to pull through. Hang in there! We believe in you

Laugh as much as you breathe
and love as long as you live

Closed Thread