TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

i told my friend!!!! - September 9th 2010, 04:27 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i told my friend about my dad today, about how my dad is with me and stuff how he shouts at me, how he sometimes dont let me have dinner ect. and my friend listend ect, but now im owrried that ive told them they are going to tell someone even though i have asked them not to. how can i convince mmyself things will be ok and that my friend is not going to tell anyone ?

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kara396 Offline
Kara396
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Re: i told my friend!!!! - September 9th 2010, 05:33 PM

Don't stress over it. Even if your friend hated you they would still realize that what you told them is personal information and they won't go off and tell anyone. You should feel relieved after telling someone, not stressed. It'll be okay. PM me if you need anything. Good Luck!

"Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you everyday? Will he make you feel invincible with every word he'll say?" <3

"Love" is an abused word. Don't continue to abuse it.

Things get better. Maybe not soon. But they will.

I love you. I say this because even if you're a stranger, you deserved to be loved.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: i told my friend!!!! - September 9th 2010, 05:56 PM

i did feel relived but know im stressing, i just dont know what to do, it just sorta came all spilling out, it was odd it felt good talking about like actulay telling someone, i just dont know, i dont even know if i should have said anything or if i just should have not said a thing, i dont know if its gona be ok if hes gona keep it a secret or if hes gona tell anyone, im stressing about it so much i just cant stop thinking about what i said, did i even do the right thing by telling my friend or am i putting to much pressure on my friend to keep it all a secret i mean i told them the worst things that have happened between me and my dad since i was about 9 years old, like how i got a nose bled from my dad when play fighting went to far and how at the age of ten my dad tried to get me arrested, and stuff, i dont know if i said to much or not, the worst thing is im not regretting telling, at least when it was a secret from my friend i could just pretend to be happy at college, now my friend knows that really i just pretend to be happy and am really not happy at all, its completly getting to me. should i ask him to just forget about what i told him or just leave it ?

Videos team

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kara396 Offline
Kara396
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Re: i told my friend!!!! - September 9th 2010, 08:31 PM

Lucky, it seems like your friend is a male. They tend to not go off and gossip to their friends like girls do. I've been where you are. So trust me when I say I know how you're feeling. But don't stress over it. I promise it'll be okay. If you want, just talk to him again and try to get reassurance that he won't tell anyone.

"Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you everyday? Will he make you feel invincible with every word he'll say?" <3

"Love" is an abused word. Don't continue to abuse it.

Things get better. Maybe not soon. But they will.

I love you. I say this because even if you're a stranger, you deserved to be loved.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i told my friend!!!! - September 10th 2010, 09:59 AM

Hey - I've felt this way so many times, after telling someone about my past. Learning to trust someone when you've been hurt is a hard thing to do, and it's very natural to feel afraid your friend will tell someone, or to worry you've put too much on them. The thing to remember is that your friend cares about you and just wants to help.

I definitely think you should talk to your friend and let him/her know what's going through your head right now. Tell your friend your concerns, the things you're worried and stressing about, just let it out. Sometimes it helps just to get reassurance that you've done the right thing by reaching out to someone, that your friend is there for you and wants to help and so on.

I'm really proud of you for talking about what happened.. it's not an easy thing to do by any means, it takes a lot of strength and courage. Take good care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: i told my friend!!!! - September 10th 2010, 03:56 PM

i sent my friend a message on facebook last night they havent replied to it yet, i dont if hes not replied to it because he has told someone and is avoiding me or if he just hanst replied to it yet, i dont want to pester him, but its really stressing me out like loads. the next time i will get to talk to him properly will be next thursday at college.

Videos team

Closed Thread