TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tigz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

forget what his done and stay or forget and move on? - September 11th 2010, 05:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

now where to start
been with my bf for almost a yr and a half but just after a yr he started acting weired he new i didnt want sex b4 marriage but he still kept pushin me into it even tho he new i didnt and still carried on also he ent been tryin treatin right since ive tried leavin him but not had much luck also because of what his done im beginnin to not feel the same way has i have done even tho he says his learnt and will never do it again but im findin it so hard to beleive or trust him ive tried tellin my mom but i cant tell her because she thinks of him as family.
should i just try and forget what his done and stay with him or leave him for good and stop contact all together if so whats the best way for doing so?
thanx sorry its so long x

Last edited by Emily.; September 11th 2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: changed prefix to fit guidelines

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: forget what his done and stay or forget and move on? - September 11th 2010, 06:53 PM

People very rarely change, and unfortunately if he's done it once, it's very likely he could be pushy again in the future. Naturally he isn't going to tell you that he's likely to do it again, so the having "learnt his lesson" part is probably just telling you what you want to hear or trying to manipulate you.

Telling your mother everything might be an idea. He might be "like family", but that's most likely because your mother doesn't know what he's really like and is under the impression he's nice. Don't be afraid to be straight with her on what's happened, don't hide anything he's done either. Remember, you are her family, and her main priority should be your happiness, not his.

The most important thing is to remember you deserve far better and to not let anyone push you into something you don't want yourself. If you want to leave him, then do. You don't owe him to stick around and put up with treatment like that. Getting out now would be a lot better than waiting and finding it nearly impossible to break free once the situation is worse.

Stay strong, best of luck and really hope things work out.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Re: forget what his done and stay or forget and move on? - September 12th 2010, 10:31 PM

I've been in a similiar situation and he never changed.
The guy you're with may just be saying what you want to hear. It's a tough thing to get through, believe me. But if you break all ties now rather than later, it'll be much less painful and I agree with above poster, your mother should understand.
Good luck.

Bri.
I wanna know how it feels to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: forget what his done and stay or forget and move on? - September 13th 2010, 02:06 AM

I agree with Laim up here. Just because he is considered "family" does not mean your mother or you should ignore what he has done to you. Even if he is trying to be nice to you know and make up for it, what he did was wrong. If you say no, he should have stopped.

I think stopping contact for the next little while would be prudent, but you also need to report him. If you don't report him, there is nothing to stop him from walking up to you and disturbing you again. The first thing you need to be thinking off is your own safety, not your mother's feelings for your boyfriend. If he hurt you, no matter how kind he is now, he will not really change and it mill happen again, and the cycle will keep going on. so it is best to stop it right now.

Remember, you always have friend here on teenhelp to love and support you everysytep of the way. PM me if you need me

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
Closed Thread