TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SuperSaiyan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't want to do this to my GF but i dont..o damn please take a look!! - September 16th 2010, 03:13 PM

Okay guys I've got a sort of a problem in my hands. I have this girl as a girlfriend, we're together for over a year now. We really love each other! However When we started dating she lied a lot to me and she's a very closed person who doesnt talk much. So once i found out later she got real sad and wanted to make up for it, so she started behaving a bit different, dumping her social life, familly, everything just to do everything that makes me happy and stuff. Before that she would think about me at all times but she had friends too, some life of her own and yeah...But as of then she started behaving almost like a slave which i didnt really like at all! sure i liked it when she tells me i mean the world to her, i loved it when i look into her eyes and just see her obessesion with me and all that, however i always thought is she happy this way? I'd even ask her but she'd always just tell me she's happy with making me happy and thats all that matters. So i started to slowly calm her down and then, this summer, she became okay. She still loved to do things that make me happy and all but she became a bit relaxed more, and i had the chance to make her happy by doing stuff she loves!! yay lol anyway.... I went to a vacation with my familly, and i was out for a little less than a month, once i came back she found out i 'lied to her'. The thing is, while she was behaving like so^ i tried to talk with her mother while she wasnt there that she should do something about it but never wanted my gf to know about it so we dont get into an argument. She was so angry at me once i came back she wanted to break up! I was real sad. I love her more than anything!! So i asked her what can i do to change her mind and then she exploded telling me how she wants her freedom back, she wants to be like she likes it and stuff.. sO i told her yeah why not sure!! and then she was REAL REAL REAL cold at me. She thought about it like i pressured her into acting the way she was...So anyway later on she really didn't 'use much of her freedom she got' She started behaving the way she did before saying it's she changed and likes it that way. I was okay with it if its the truth! I love the fact that she sees me as her whole world! And so she became more and more into it, but i thought she was pressuring herself again for some reason. Anyway to cut a long story short, she again today told me she doesnt like being like this and that i should stop asking her to do so (I really only ask her why the sudden change of behaviour once she behaves in a different way only because im curious) and she became all cold again which i really dont like So yeah what can i do to 'balance' her out? I'd like to know what to do in order to make her act like she did but really feel it, and not cut off her freedom? I really dont know what to do.....I don't want to make her first story true, and pressure her into this way of behaving but i hate it when she's that distant and cold....

The thing is she really in her heart wants to spend an eternity together with me and so do I. She's a cold person like her mother says, but she never was a cold person to me! Not ever since the first day i met her when we didnt even know each other much! She was always different to me than to anyone else! at times she even hated the whole world and told me how im the only thing she has wants and loves...man im really confused and feel like mentally abused. because of these things i wasnt able to study my previous year (luckilly im naturally smart and capable of keeping a high school score) and i constantly think about her and how to clear things up.. Please someone tell me what to do.

I hate the fact that she started behaving like before, like a slave while i kept telling her its okay to have friends and some life apart from me (We both think we should be together 24/7 and would love it, hence the 'some' next to 'life') but she always negated it and told me she doesnt need anyone but is happy that i keep telling her i wouldnt mind her having friends for example. But today she told me friends once ment everything to her and she swore to them that a boy would never come between their friendship and so that she's feeling bad that she became something she wastn ever and again accuses me of being like that.. I realyl dont know what to do. I'm getting these weird problems too and feel depressed at all times even when with her and scared and shit

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mckay Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I don't want to do this to my GF but i dont..o damn please take a look!! - September 16th 2010, 03:58 PM

aww have i not given you advice for this sweedie xx

Love Paris x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SuperSaiyan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want to do this to my GF but i dont..o damn please take a look!! - September 16th 2010, 04:01 PM

haha sorry mckay i've posted this into 2 different sections, didn't know where to put it. Its a relationship problem but i felt like being abused and as if i could abuse my girlfriend if i make a wrong call. So i got confused and posted the same thread into two different sections.

Thank you very much for your kind words

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ilysoccer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want to do this to my GF but i dont..o damn please take a look!! - September 21st 2010, 09:26 PM

Talk to her about it and stand up for yourself

Closed Thread