TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
misconception Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sonic

need advise. - September 21st 2010, 11:32 PM

Last night I went out to have dinner at a mates place. At the dinner, I had forgotten my mate had anger issues and he had come off his meds, he snapped and tried to choke me and put bruises on my wrists. When I got home I was in a right mess, and my boyfriend got very grumpy at me, thinking I got those bruises through sexual means. I have tried to explain to him that that wasn't the case, but he has been cheated on in the past and doesn't fully believe me. I have put a lot of time and effort into helping my friend get to a better place in life, and it upsets me that he threw it all away, also that my boyfriend still doesn't fully believe me. How can I let him know that I didn't have sexual intercourse with this friend, and that he trued to kill me without him loosing it and going to hurt him back. my boyfriend cares a lot, and knows I haven't had the best life. I don't want to loose him.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: need advise. - September 22nd 2010, 01:05 AM

tell your boyfriend you would like to tell him what really happened and its not what he thinks it is but he has to promise to stay calm and not react and then tell him what really happened after he promises

(#3 (permalink)) Old
misconception Offline
Not a n00b

Re: need advise. - September 22nd 2010, 01:31 AM

Thanks for that, I did, He kind of flipped out and wants to hurt him, but hes calmed down, and now I'm getting loads of hugs, which is making me feels a lot better about the situation.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: need advise. - September 22nd 2010, 10:15 PM

I am glad you were able to talk to him. I suggest you explain to him that hurting your friend will not help matters. As for the friend; I suggest that you cut off all contact with him. You deserve to be in loving, safe and caring friendships and it sounds like this one is plain dangerous. While it may be hard to cut off contact it will be in your best interest to do so.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
misconception Offline
Not a n00b

Re: need advise. - September 25th 2010, 12:31 PM

I have done so, Removed him form Facebook, and deleted all phone numbers on my cellphones/not replying to any he sends. My boyfriend has cooled off, and understands that I don't want it to go any further. I have now got a lot of bruises around my throat, and wrists, a few on my ribs etc, and around my shoulders/collar bone area. he it still frustrates him when he sees that, but he wont take it further.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: need advise. - September 26th 2010, 02:25 AM

I'm glad things are working out for you now and i am sorry that i couldnt give you perfect advice but atleast it worked out in the end

Closed Thread