TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Met35 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Izzy

Scared... How do you cope? - November 9th 2010, 11:55 PM

A few years ago either was or almost was raped... I remember the first few minutes of the attempted rape & then the memory blacks out untill the next day... Right now I'm really parinoid, because I was in a store & the same senario occured... If you were/was almost raped, how did you handle your life afterwards & did you ever emotionally recover?

~Izzy(:
Last cut~ January 11, 2011
Past Record without Cutting~ 37 Days
Current Time Since Last Cut~ 3 Days

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Scared... How do you cope? - November 14th 2010, 05:23 AM

Hey there, Izzy.

I'm sorry to hear what you have been through. I hope you know what happened was not your fault at all.

And it's fairly common to block things out when they are traumatic. When our minds can't handle something they push them away to protect us. Sometimes they'll come up in flashbacks or they can stay locked away for years. Everyone reacts and protects themselves a little differently.

You can recover from all this, though. I think it could really help you to talk to someone like a therapist. They can help you process and work through the memories and the assault. Finding ways to heal and healthy ways to cope is a really important part of moving forward.

You will get through this, Izzy. Reach out and talk to people. You really deserve to have support through all of this.

I hope you're doing okay and if you ever need to talk please feel free to PM me.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: Scared... How do you cope? - November 17th 2010, 11:58 AM

I know this is hard but don't shield yourself forever , don't let the bastard who hurt you ruin your life.

Hang in there!

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Scared... How do you cope? - November 17th 2010, 12:57 PM

Hi Izzy. Yes, blackouts do occur in some. It is very normal. Its the minds way of protecting us. Blocking out the bad things. Have you seen a therapist? It is a really good starting point Izzy. They can provide you with the tools you need to aid in your recovery. If you have tried one, and it didn't work for you. I would suggest trying another one. I have had three now. I have finally found one who understands me and gets me. The other thing I would suggest is writing. Writing your feelings down and maybe sharing them with a very close friend or therapist can help. But do not do something you are uncomfortable with. I write all the time. It seems to help me a lot. You can recover. Its just probably going to take a while.

I wish you all the best Izzy. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to PM me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*PrOuD*oF*wHo*I*aM*
Average Joe

Name: Kassy

Re: Scared... How do you cope? - November 17th 2010, 09:21 PM

hey,

i was raped..idk how i coped..i guess i just found support from others...and in the end, i managed to survive. If you need anything at all...feel free to PM me..any time. ..and i promise..it will get better some day.

**Kassy**

**PRNDL**

****PM ME ANY TIME****
  Send a message via MSN to *.Good.Things.Coming.*  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
benish Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: benish:)

Re: Scared... How do you cope? - November 30th 2010, 06:15 AM

i wasnt raped but i was sexually abused by my father. no one noes from my family but my father has moved out because of fights with my mother. every day i hate my self for letting him do this to me. im not a virgin because of him. i wanted to save it for te boy i fell in love with. its been almost a year now and im getting better but if you ever need someone to talk to im always free

(#7 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: Scared... How do you cope? - December 1st 2010, 01:13 AM

Coping is difficult to start with, but more so when you're alone. Know that other people have lived through similar experiences, myself included. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been through it, but I know you'll be able to get through it.

I urge you to to report it. You deserve justice in this situation. But I know how hard it is, so I understand if you feel that you can't. If you ever need an ear, let me know. I'll help listen.

Again, I know you are strong and capable of getting through this. I admire you for simply asking for help. It means you are a survivor. That is important.

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
Closed Thread