TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mellifluous Offline
Moo with me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna, call me Rue

Question What is the gyno going to do? - November 10th 2010, 02:55 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, the polise know that I was molested from the time I was 5 until I was 11 and a half. I filed my statement and everything. Today, I was interviewed by the Child Advocacy people. My mom just informed me that I will have to a gyno. I'm 13 and kinda ditsy. I know what a gyno does and is. Why do I have to see one?! I was molested for the last time a year and half ago! I would understand if it JUST happened, but it didn't! Also, what is the gyno going to do to me? Is it going to be very triggering? The doctors hands will be DOWN THERE. I read that they press your stomach whilst doing a pap smear. I have scars and cuts from SH...

so........HELP! I'm frightened!

You can find me here: http://mcrdoesmylaundry.tumblr.com/
Follow me, I'm pretty awesome

Gimme sympathy,
after all of this is gone.
Who would you rather be?
Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
Oh,seriously,
You're gonna make mistakes.
You're young.
Come on, baby.
Play me somethin'
like 'Here Comes the Sun'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: What is the gyno going to do? - November 10th 2010, 03:45 AM

Hey there Anna,

I'm sorry for what you have had to go through in your past. You seem like an incredibly strong and brave person. You should be really proud of yourself for what you are doing.

I know it can seem scary, but it really is important to get examined and make sure you are okay. This is a rundown of what the gynecologist will do during the exam.

Also, you can definitely bring someone with you to the exam if you want. Sometimes that can really help keep you grounded and feel more comfortable. And if at any point you can't handle the exam you can always request the doctor stop.

I hope this helps and that you're doing okay. You can PM me anytime if you need to talk.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread