TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Unhappy Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 1st 2011, 04:43 AM

I was abused by my stepbrother all through middle school and now everyone in my family is acting like it never happened. I'm still expected to stay in the same house as him and be perfectly comfortable because apparently there was no abuse just stupid teenage boy stuff. It doesn't help that he continues to act abusive around me when no ones around. I'm scared and need help because I really don't want to be abused again.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 1st 2011, 01:21 PM

Hey Ruby. I'm sorry this has happened to you. Remember that everyone at TH cares about you. My PM box is always open.

Have you old your parents about the abuse? If not, you should definitely tell them because your home is supposed to be somewhere safe, and obviously right now it isn't.

If you have already, tell them again. Tell them that it still affects you and that it still happens. It might be that they just don't want to acknowledge that this is happening to you.

If they still don't listen, go to our school or another trusted adult.

I hope things work out.

Hester. x

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 1st 2011, 04:54 PM

I've told my parents about it continuing a few times. They don't do anything. I've also told people at school and they all tell me oh it's nothing hes just being a stupid teenager. People have decided that I'm a liar and hes the perfect child. If he gets as bad as he did when this first started then when I finally tell again people will just say oh liar just go live with your friends if you wanna be away from everyone. Nobody believes me that hes abusive.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 1st 2011, 05:36 PM

Your parents shouldn't be treating you like this. I would suggest that you go to the police if the abuse is current. You shouldn't have to live somewhere where you're not safe.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Porcelain Child Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Claire

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 1st 2011, 09:27 PM

I am sorry no one is believing you, sometimes its cos the parents don't want to admit that their child is doing something so badly to another child or that they can't cope their child is being hurt.. I suggest you go to the police or tell a teacher at school..
  Send a message via MSN to Porcelain Child Send a message via Skype™ to Porcelain Child 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 1st 2011, 11:29 PM

I will try to go to the police or a teacher. Its hard to talk about it when I always seem to have someone around me who will run off and tell my parents that I told.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 2nd 2011, 06:49 AM

Hey,

Since you have told friends, parents, and teachers, you need to either go to the police or call Child Services. Either of those people can and most likely will help you. Once you get the law involved, they will do an investigation and make a decision based on what they find. Don't ever give up. Don't ever stop telling your story. <3 You are a very brave individual and I'm very proud of you.

Take care,
Kitty.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 3rd 2011, 05:24 AM

I need to find some time that I can get away and call the police or tell them. Someone is almost always around and I can never get privacy to call.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
K_bear2011 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kira

Re: Abused in past and everyone is acting like it never happened. - May 5th 2011, 06:55 AM

It can be hard when parents/misc. family members do not listen.
Based off my own personal expirience, I've noticed family members do not wish to believe it simply because there in denial. Nonetheless, the childs needs should always come first and if he/she is stating expirience of abuse, there is no need for the parent to deny it.
I am sorry that this happened to you and if you ever, ever need anyone to talk to about this sort of stuff, feel free to get in touch.
Good luck and I hope this stuff stops happening to you. Nobody deserves it..

Meeting you was the biggest pleasure I ever did recieve.
(Kira+Debra=)

Closed Thread