TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
missmolly Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Teigan

Unhappy I cant sleep, i cant eat, i cant function - July 23rd 2011, 12:51 PM

I have begun to try to convince myself i was never raped, its easier to forget than admit it. But i cant forget, every night i have dreams about it, to the point where im afriad to sleep.. I dont want to sleep ever.. I avoid it.. But now im exhausted.. I cant eat because i just feel sick, its like im gone and its just my body left but its slowing breaking into pieces.. I dont really let myself sleep much anymore, but now i get flashbacks in the day.. what do i do? i dont want to tell anyone, but i cant keep going like this.. im so tired.. i just want it all to end..

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Take life one day at a time
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jenn

Re: I cant sleep, i cant eat, i cant function - July 24th 2011, 03:24 AM

Hey Molly,

I'm so sorry. I don't know what has happened to you but from what you said I can guess. I've been where you have. It's awful. I saught methods to get myself to a dreamless sleep. Please don't do that. It will make things 20 times worse. You need to seek help. I know that sounds very scary but nothing will get better unless you get someone to help you. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here.

Jenn

Don't you know you're lovely?
Jenn <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: I cant sleep, i cant eat, i cant function - July 25th 2011, 06:52 AM

Hey,

The best way to overcome what you are going through is to talk about it. Talking helps you let our the frustrations that are inside. Trying to convince yourself that you haven't been raped is not going to work. The sooner that you accept it, the sooner that you can move on. I know it's tough to have nightmares about what happened. There are healthy options that you can use to try and sleep better. The first one is sleep music. I have known lots of people who have benefited from the use of calming sleep music. The second thing you can do is sleep with something special like a stuffed animal. That can give you a sense of security.

I'm here if you need me.

Take care,
Kitty.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I cant sleep, i cant eat, i cant function - July 27th 2011, 01:03 AM

Hey,

I've been where you are. I convinced myself for 7 years that I was never sexually abused as a child. It works for the time being... but when it catches up to you, it's not pretty. You can not go without sleep or food. It simply will not work. I really think you ought to seek professional help and talk to someone. And I mean really talk. It will be hard at first, but it will help you in the long run.

PM me if you ever want to talk, we're all here for you.

-Brittany

Closed Thread