TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: cool.

Question How did you get enough courage to tell someone you were raped? - August 15th 2011, 05:09 PM

Telling someone you were raped, is obv. hard, but how what made it easier for you to tell someone? What got you through it?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
grae96 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Grae

Re: How did you get enough courage to tell someone you were raped? - August 15th 2011, 06:41 PM

I finally told the counselors at the hospital when they took me in..and cops came to investigate but I didn't press charges.

[/url]

If you need to talk about anything, anything at all feel free to pm me, I will always listen. No matter what.
  Send a message via Skype™ to grae96 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: How did you get enough courage to tell someone you were raped? - August 15th 2011, 06:49 PM

My ex-boyfriend told my father and my father brought me to a counselor and I had to tell the counselor. It was very hard. But it feels SO much better when it's out in the open. I'm still trying to work through it with the counselor. But, she knows what happened. We're just trying to work through details and how to cope with it and all that stuff.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
3 Years Cut Free!
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: How did you get enough courage to tell someone you were raped? - August 15th 2011, 08:13 PM

I was raped when I was on weekend leave from a psychiatric hospital. So I went back on the sunday and broke down. No one knew why I was so hysterical, got quite a few people trying to get it out of me. Then I just gave up and went into a room with a nurse and gave her the rough details. I think I was so upset that I had no control over my emotions and it 'blurted out'.
But telling my mum was hard. I left it for two weeks before I told her. The hospital encouraged me to tell her but I didn't feel ready enough. So during family therapy, i'd already discussed with the therapist what I was going to say, and I just told her. I was so scared, didn't know what her reaction would be. Turns out it wasn't that brilliant but I guess what I have to think of is that I did it even though I was terrified. Talking to friends/family about it is virtually impossible. I clam up, and try to change the subject.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: How did you get enough courage to tell someone you were raped? - August 16th 2011, 03:55 PM

I've briefly spoken to my partner about it and that was pretty much just the once. It helped knowing that they love and care about me and after I'd said a few words she just held me and really there weren't any words.

I've spoken to my doctor as well and I found writing a few words down really helped. I'd written down a few points about what I wanted to say then when I got in the room I just handed him the piece of paper and he asked me questions. I find it 'easier' answering questions rather than speaking openly or without some sort of guide.

I also find it easier talking about the facts of what happened. I've never spoken about my feelings about it.

Closed Thread