TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Freaked. - August 16th 2011, 05:16 AM

I just got back from my dads house. I've been there since June. Almost every day that I woke up there I had bruises on the very tops of my legs (by the vag) and constant soreness, throbbing, and pain. I also haven't had my period in 2 months and have been nauseous and sick when I go to bed and wake up in the morning. I don't know what to think or if the bruises/pain is normal. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Freaked. - August 16th 2011, 02:50 PM

Hey Ruby, it sounds like you're really worried about this so I really think you need to talk to someone around you. You say you've just got back from your Dads, who do you usually live with? Try and talk to them about your worries because I think you could do with that support right now. You talk about soreness and bruises so I'd suggest going to see your doctor just to make sure you're safe and healthy. That's really important and they'll should be able to help put your mind at ease. Your doctor is someone you can talk to about your worries, not just about the bruising, sickness etc but about how you're feeling so if you need that extra support and you don't feel you can talk to whoever you live with remember that your doctor could also be someone to talk to. I think the most important thing is to not try and deal with this on your own because it sounds like you're feeling confused and unsure and there are people who can help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: Freaked. - August 17th 2011, 04:51 AM

Hi Ellie,
I usually live with my mom. I have talked to her about the bruising etc. and she says that its no big deal and nothings wrong with me. I will try talking to my doctor but I'm almost positive that she will take moms side because she always does. What should I do if nobody will listen to me?

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Freaked. - August 17th 2011, 06:36 PM

I really think that you should go the doctor. It could be nothing or it could be something serious. Since you posted in the Rape/Abuse forum I am assuming that you think you were raped which could be a possibility. However it's also a possibility that it could be something medical. Really the only way to know is going to be to go to the doctor. I'm sorry that you are going through this, it's really scary to not know what's going on with you. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kalyn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kalyn Cheyenne

Re: Freaked. - August 17th 2011, 07:05 PM

If you believe you've been raped by someone close to you, you need to go to the doctors. You can ask your GP to keep it confidential, even from your mother, and esspecially from your father. Also, are you close with your mom? Why are they seperated/divorced (that's what your comment makes me believe is the case)?
Your GP is required by law to keep things private unless they feel your in danger, your 14, and legally able to make that choice. If your GP doesn't act on your concerns, then request a second opinion from another doctor (if your in the country, a locum, or stand in doctor, is the best way to go, because they aren't stationed there for long). Another option is a walk-in clinic.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 02:24 AM

I believe that it was rape because I have never had any of this happen before I went there. Also he was very sexual all summer towards me. I'm not very close to my mom. We've just never got along. Same with dad. I don't know why they separated. It happened when I was 2 years old. I've talked to my doctor and just as I thought she took moms side. I'm trying to be able to go to a walk in clinic or something similar to it but, it's hard to unless I find someone willing to drive me. Also another reason I believe that it was rape is because dad has been abusive to me and my two sisters in the past.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 02:43 AM

So with the new information you have just given us I think that it is VERY important to see a second doctor since your doctor didn't listen to you. I also think that you should tell another trusted adult because you mom isn't listening to you. Maybe she will listen to them.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 03:04 AM

Hey,

Just because the first doctor agreed with your mom, doesn't mean that your mom is correct. You need to go, preferably by yourself or with a friend, to a different doctor. Explain to them about the situation and tell them that you are concerned that you may have been sexually assaulted/raped. The doctor may also want you to take a pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of pregnancy since you may have been sexually assaulted/raped. Don't give up and stay strong.

Take care,
Kitty.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Kalyn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kalyn Cheyenne

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 03:23 AM

Another option, is taking this to the police, your mom may be in denial and refusing to believe your father would do something like that. also, refuse to go anywhere near your father. It may be hard to do, but if you've been raped, and fear for youself or even worse, your sisters, then you owe it to yourself and them to seek protection, and if your mom isn't listening, seek the help of another point of authority. PM me if you need to talk.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 04:32 PM

I'm trying to make plans to go to a doc with one of my friends driving me. I've got someone who might be able to drive me. I'm scared to go to the police right now because last time that I had dealings with them it was because my stepbrother was sexually abusing me. The cops decided that the only thing wrong was that he was a stupid kid and said put locks on the doors if you want. I haven't trusted them since. But if I have to go to them I will.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 04:57 PM

Hey girl. You're definitely taking the right steps by going to see a different, unbiased doctor. Like a lot of the other users have said, you CAN ask the doctor not to tell your mom or dad about the appointment. They're bound by doctor-patient confidentiality. I really hope that it's nothing, but with the information you've given all of us, I think you might be on the right track. If you are, that's horrible! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this and that you've had to deal with the things that have happened in your past. PM me if you ever need someone to talk to! Praying for ya! (: Good luck with everything.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#12 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Freaked. - August 18th 2011, 06:15 PM

I am going to ask the doctor to not tell my parents. I've talked to one of my friends and her parents and they are going to give me a ride to a different doctor. I'm hoping to get an appointment soon or be able to go to a walk in clinic. Thanks for all the help you guys have given!

Closed Thread