TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
charmbraceletxo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

What to make of this? - August 24th 2011, 08:42 PM

Last time I drank, I apparently started yelling to everyone that I was sexually assaulted as a kid by my cousin(s), etc., etc. I don't know what compelled me to say that--I mean, what happened wasn't technically sexual assault, right? And it's infinitesmal in contrast with what other girls/women have experienced...so I don't even know why I'm posting this...but when I was a young child, my male cousins (one older--he was probably ~12 or ~13, and the other younger--maybe ~6ish) backed me into a corner in the backyard (on Christmas day, if I recall) and were trying to make me show them my, well, you know. I was so young at the time--I don't even know if whether or not I actually did it...I just remember being completely humiliated and confused (why would they want to see that?). There was another incident during which my younger cousin (I think?) asked to "touch it"--and I think I may have allowed him. Again, I was so young that I don't remember most of what happened.

I don't blame them...I mean, we were just kids...but I have this aching hatred for males (irrational, I know...but still). For some reason, I feel violated quite easily (not with my boyfriend, but even if another guy looks at me in a way that's particularly sexually suggestive, I feel gross, ashamed, and humiliated).

I know that this isn't even the slightest bit of a big deal...I just wanted to gain some perspective on how to deal with this. I know that this doesn't constitute sexual assault or whatever, but I'm still, um, bothered by it...

Thanks for your help and supportiveness.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
charmbraceletxo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What to make of this? - August 26th 2011, 02:49 AM

Anyone? LOL.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: What to make of this? - August 30th 2011, 08:53 PM

What happened to you as a child was play, they probably didn't know any better, curious and stupid as young adolescents always are. Don't let that be a catalyst to be irked by males, not all males out there want to hurt you. Break through it, refuse to let it take affect on your future.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jenna Peterson Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jenna

Re: What to make of this? - August 31st 2011, 06:35 AM

Kids do things like that when they're little, and it's not unusual. One of my best friends back in the primary school days did this to me at day care. I refused, and proceeded to tattle on him about it, which I then felt really bad about because he got in trouble.

That being said, if it bother you, then no one can tell you you're wrong in feeling that way. You might want to talk to someone about it, or maybe you'll feel you've been helped enough just by reading responses to this thread, who knows. Do what you feel you need to do to feel better about those memories and about your feelings toward males in general. As Nick said, don't let this control how you feel about men for the rest of your life. It's not fair to you or to the guys who might want your attention - and you do deserve their attention

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

The walls are high, the walls are strong
I've been trapped in this castle that I built for far too long
You have surrounded me, a sea on every side
The cracks are forming and I've got no where to hide
  Send a message via AIM to Jenna Peterson Send a message via MSN to Jenna Peterson Send a message via Yahoo to Jenna Peterson  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
charmbraceletxo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What to make of this? - September 1st 2011, 09:00 PM

Thanks, guys I'm over it--there wasn't any need to post about it, as like you said, it's relatively trivial. Thanks for the input, though!

Closed Thread