TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - August 28th 2011, 09:59 PM

Today I went to dinner at my moms house with my mom, my dad and my sister. It was my first time being over there since I got pregnant. My dad has been mean to me since the age of 5 when he found out I wasn't really his daughter. Before I moved out he would take everything out on me by beating me. When he found out I was pregnant he went after me and for once my mom didn't let him. She called the police and he went to jail. Unfortunately it only lasted a few months before they let him out. My stupid mother let him come back home thinking he had changed and I must admit he is pretty good at acting it. But today when I was over there my mom and my sister were making dinner and I was playing with my niece. My dad seemed really nice and sincere when he asked if he could talk to me for a bit privately. I thought that maybe he was finally going to apologize for making my life hell. But when we got to what used to be my bedroom he slammed me against the wall and covered my mouth! then he lifted my shirt up and started touching me there really rough. he had never done anything sexually to me before this. Then he said to me that I was a slut and a whore and that I liked older men and that's what I deserved!!! Then my sister called us to dinner and my dad let me go but instead I just left without saying anything and my mom has called 6 times I don't know what to say to her or what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - August 28th 2011, 10:12 PM

Hey Blue.

Your dad really crossed a line here and I commend you for leaving and not allowing it to continue further. As for your mom calling, I suggest calling her back and telling her what happened. Whether she believes you or not, I think you'd benefit from talking about it. I also suggest you not have "private talks" with him anymore. You do not deserve this in the least bit and I hope you realize that you are not any of the names that he called you. You deserve so much more.. Please talk to someone about it.

Feel free to PM me if you need.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - August 28th 2011, 10:14 PM

Just a quick question before I respond...

I thought you had a restraining order against your dad and you knew he is this way, why would you go over there? Maybe invite your mom over to your girlfriend's place next time? That way you can stay safe.

And tell your mom the truth. Be blunt. Otherwise, just stay away from your dad. He will likely never change, and if he does I'm not sure you should risk being around him when someone who could support or protect you is not around. You should never chance it.

Sorry this happened to me. Glad you are okay though.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - August 28th 2011, 10:34 PM

I am not sure it really is a restraining order it is this thing the police had me sign saying that my dad is not allowed to approach me without my permission and if he does I am to contact the police. My mom said that my dad feels bad about how he treated me and wanted to be nicer and have a second chance. I don't know weather I really believed it but I did it more for my mom's sake. I told myself before I went over that If anything happened I would leave. what happened I never expected it. I think I am just going to avoid him altogether from now on. I wish it didn't have to be that way. I am a bit afraid to say anything to my mom we were just starting to get along again and I don't want her to take his side.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - August 28th 2011, 11:39 PM

If that came off rude, it wasn't meant to. I just meant, I can understand wanting to get to know him if he says he has changed. I just know my dad isn't the most trustworthy and every time he says he will change, he doesn't. I just thought it would be best to not trust him in the future by yourself, you know?

I'm sorry you had to go through this and he let you down. It is good you left though. As for your mom, perhaps you could just let her know you and him will not get along and you will not be around him to keep things calm. I think the truth is best, but that's more of a sugar-coated explanation Maybe that won't upset her, since you want to be on good terms.

At least you do have support, even if it's not from your family. Any support is helpful

(#6 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - August 29th 2011, 01:25 PM

I didn't think you were being rude

(#7 (permalink)) Old
hey you beautiful <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: crystal stuart

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - September 2nd 2011, 07:27 AM

heyy blue tell her

be brave lifes to short make the most of it add me on http://www.teenhelp.org/ it will do u wonders xxx :P
who ever knows christabel add this group xxx http://www.teenhelp.org/socialgroups...%27s+stalkers/
love crystal

havent self harmed for 4 months
this is my girlfriend http://www.teenhelp.org/users/holliex/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aimee

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - September 3rd 2011, 01:24 AM

Tell your mom and call the police.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - September 4th 2011, 01:19 AM

Okay she cannot just "stay away" from her father. He sexually molested her. I think she needs to more than anything right now, call the police ASAP and tell them everything about her father and how he treats her. This is rediculous and can not go on any longer.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - September 4th 2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouseprincess View Post
Okay she cannot just "stay away" from her father. He sexually molested her. I think she needs to more than anything right now, call the police ASAP and tell them everything about her father and how he treats her. This is rediculous and can not go on any longer.
He needs to go to jail, he'll keep treating you worse and worse. Probably other people to.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: my dad is horrible and I am not sure this belongs here - September 5th 2011, 08:43 PM

Tell your mom what happened.
Tell the police what happened.
You don't deserve this from him or anyone.
<3

Closed Thread