TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

SCARED - March 18th 2009, 10:20 PM

It may be helpful to read my previous thread called My Teacher.
Okay, so I posted like 2 weeks ago it was called My Teacher. Well it's getting worse. Not the teacher. But Me. I tried talking to my favorite teacher today. Shes like "I had him when I was a student here and he was the same it's just his personality". So is she saying that its okay to be so afriad of him seriously? I have bad dreams about him. Everytime I see him I want to run out of his class. How can I stop these feelings? I talked to my mom she just says to deal with it. And to stop being crazy. Thanks for listening me ramble. Please help me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: SCARED - March 19th 2009, 12:16 AM

Megan,

Whether or not it's his personality, it doesn't mean you should have to feel afraid going into his class because you shouldn't have to be in that kind of environment. This can have a huge effect on you if you try to ignore it or listen to other people when they say you should just deal with it or ignore it because Megan, you have every right to be afraid. No one should expect you to just 'deal with it' because different things effect different people in different ways, there's no one right way to handle something like this and no two people are going to react in exactly the same way.

Are there any other teachers you could maybe talk to about this, or could you go to your school guidance counselor and ask to switch out of his class?

Don't stay silent and just bottle it up inside, because it's going to lead to unhealthy coping methods. Keep trying, don't give up because you shouldn't have to be around him if he makes you feel unsafe. Let me know if you want to talk about anything, ok? Take care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: SCARED - March 27th 2009, 10:06 PM

Hey Megan,

I am sorry your favorite teacher wasn't more understanding. I agree with Sarah that you should not have to be in that kind of environment at school. You should feel safe at school . Especially around your teachers and other staff members. Is there anyone else you would feel comfortable telling? Is there any way you could any way you could anonymously report what is going on? Maybe you could leave a note with the principal or guidance counselor.

I would definitely ask to get changed out of his class. Could you get your parents to write a letter to the school requesting the class change. Another option is writing him an anonymous note explaining to him what he does that makes you feel uncomfortable and warning him that if he doesn't change his behavior then you will talk to the principal about it.

You have several options and I am sure you will choose the one that is best for you. Remember keeping silent is not an option that is going to get you any where. You are strong. You can speak up about what is going on. You have the power to change your circumstances. However, no one can help you if they don't know about it. I hope things change for you soon but until then take care of yourself. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. I am here for you and you are not alone.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Katieeee Offline
that's what she said.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: SCARED - March 31st 2009, 05:06 AM

To reiterate what the others have said, I honestly think that you should go to your counselor and request being moved out of his class. You shouldn't be forced into a situation that makes you feel uncomfortable; that's not fair to you.

You gotta spend some time love
You gotta spend some time with me
And I know that you'll find love
I will possess your heart

(#5 (permalink)) Old
EmilyNicole Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: SCARED - March 31st 2009, 05:51 AM

I know exactly how you feel.
My history teacher was the same way..he constantly tried to touch me and keep me after class. and for so long, I was so scared. I'd go to my other classes practically in tears, I was so scared of him. I was scared to tell because I was afraid he'd slip my grade....But eventually, I decided enough was enough when I found out he was doing the same things to other girls. I talked to the school counselor and the principal with my parents. Basically, even if you have doubts that was he's doing is illegal or maybe you think it's all in your head (I thought the same.) if he is doing something that makes you uncomfortable, incapable to learn, and feel unsafe, then you can consider it harassment, Whatever his intentions may be. He shouldn't be acting towards his students in a way that makes them feel unsafe.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: SCARED - March 31st 2009, 12:47 PM

Hey Megan,

I feel the need to post here because I was once where you sit. Teachers are the authority figure in school, they're respected and looked up to by most. No one ever suspects them for sending awkward vibes to students. It's like you're 'naturally' supposed to feel comfortable. This is silly. The fact of the matter is, even if he hasn't touched you or said anything revolving around sex, you shouldn't have to be anywhere you don't feel safe. Especially in school, where you're supposed to be learning. You are in no way in the wrong here. Some of the things he does makes me eerie as well.

My suggestion to you is to ignore what other people are saying about him. This includes your mom and favourite teacher. They aren't you, and everyone takes certain situation differently. Even if this doesn't catch there attention, it's enough to make you scared and that's all you should consider. They might not understand, and they probably won't because they're not you. That shouldn't stop you from taking care of yourself. Like other people have said before, I think you should either avoid him, or switch classes. You should talk to the principal or someone at that high level in your school. Until then, sit far away and wear things that make you feel more comfortable-things that aren't revealing. If you can, maybe you should drop the course and take it in summer school. I know this might seem extreme, but if you're this scared, it's probably for a reason. It's better to be safe than sorry.

If you need anything, let me know ok? Please don't hesitate to talk to someone at school. Even if you're just venting. It isn't good to keep things like this inside. It isn't as small as people would like you to believe.

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread