TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Strife Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,845, Level: 14 Points: 9,845, Level: 14 Points: 9,845, Level: 14

Is this rape? - August 26th 2011, 06:13 AM

I guess I'll just describe the situation flat-out then.
I had just started dating my friend of several years two days earlier. We were y'know, doing things, and he knew I was abstinent and wanted to wait until I got married. He said it was hard to resist the temptation and I asked if he'd prefer stopping, since we couldn't do anything more. He said no so we continued. Then he...shoved it in, I guess you'd say. (This is awkward, sorry.) He told me that I had done it, not him, but I wouldn't, I know I wouldn't. Then I started crying and he asked if he could continue. I figured it didn't matter anymore so after that point I agreed. I guess I'm not asking about that part.

That was a few months ago. Less than a week ago, my friend asked him if he "just wanted to make my life miserable since [he] had basically raped [me.]" His response, according to her, was "Yeah, I raped her. So what?..." So I guess he admits guilt to it? But I don't feel like I'm reacting properly to the whole ordeal. I just don't know. :/
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: Is this rape? - August 26th 2011, 05:19 PM

If you told him you didn't want to have sex, but he "shoved it in" anyways, that's rape. Even though you consented afterwards to further sex, it was still considered rape when he went against your wishes. If he admitted it, well, that also proves it. I'm assuming you're not together anymore? You deserve much better & I'm sorry this happened to you. You should report this so he doesn't do it to anyone else.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Is this rape? - August 26th 2011, 05:29 PM

I'm sorry this happened

It's considered rape since you told him you wanted to wait until marriage and you asked him if he wanted to stop since you didn't want to have sex, yet he still "shoved it in." Even though you consented afterwards, it's still considered rape since you said "no" to begin with. And seeing as he outright admitted it, that's not even a doubt in my head that he knew what he was doing.

This is not your fault..

Have you reported him? You definitely should so this doesn't happen to any other girls.

Stay strong. PM me if you'd ever like to talk, about anything.

<3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
mashemaja Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,634, Level: 12 Points: 7,634, Level: 12 Points: 7,634, Level: 12

Re: Is this rape? - August 29th 2011, 07:02 AM

why you're not avoid him while he shoved it. I think is not.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Points: 14,618, Level: 17 Points: 14,618, Level: 17 Points: 14,618, Level: 17

Re: Is this rape? - August 30th 2011, 08:40 PM

Did you specifically say "No, I don't want to have sex"? Sorry, it's a little hard to tell.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Points: 21,487, Level: 21 Points: 21,487, Level: 21 Points: 21,487, Level: 21

Re: Is this rape? - August 30th 2011, 09:40 PM

if he says he raped you report it because he has a chance to do it again if you dont when i was raped i didnt report it i regret not though so you shuld if you feel that you were raped then report use your friend he said it to has a witness because he said yeah i raped her so thats proof i highly suggest to report it good luck hun stay safe

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

I’m catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Is this rape? - August 30th 2011, 10:22 PM

You said no, he kept going. It was rape. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with it.
Have you considered reporting it? Your friend's statement may help you be able to take this to court. I understand that it's your decision, but it is an idea to find some closure in the situation.
I hope you at least see a professional at some point to be able to help you. It doesn't mean you're crazy-It'll help you be able to figure out what has happened. I hope everything works out, message me if you ever need!

something burning?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Points: 9,846, Level: 14 Points: 9,846, Level: 14 Points: 9,846, Level: 14

Re: Is this rape? - August 31st 2011, 03:27 AM

Yes, this was rape, and I'm very sorry that this happened to you!! I think that you should report it, it's your choice, but that's just what I think. Maybe you are still in a state of shock, but if you haven't already, you should break up with this guy. If he had known u for years prior, he shouldn't have done it!! PM me if you ever need ANYTHING!!

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: Is this rape? - August 31st 2011, 05:39 PM

wow that guy is a real jerk ,

that being said : its not rape. you never explicitly said no, you just sort of hinted at wanting him to stop. its not rape, but the guy is a jerk and doesnt deserve your time
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Points: 9,930, Level: 14 Points: 9,930, Level: 14 Points: 9,930, Level: 14

Re: Is this rape? - September 4th 2011, 01:45 AM

Your reaction is normal. There is nothing wrong with you, at all. He raped you. You can report him or not depending on what you feel you should do. It was two years before I started feeling angery about my rape like experience. Not to say you'll start feeling it at all or as soon as I did. It was not your fault. He forced that on you.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Strife Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,845, Level: 14 Points: 9,845, Level: 14 Points: 9,845, Level: 14

Re: Is this rape? - September 7th 2011, 03:16 AM

I had thought of reporting it, but it's probably been too long now, especially when I let it happen afterward. :/ I'm not with him anymore, we don't even speak. So hat is one good thing, I suppose.
Closed Thread