TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Battlepirates Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question(s) about what the rights of children are, or what's consider abuse. - October 23rd 2011, 02:55 PM

Hey, I have a very long story, in short I have a stepmother that makes my life very difficult, I'm depended on and expected to do everything in the house from doing everybody's laundry, to being forced to make dinner. I have a 97 average, I think i deserve a LOT of cut slack. I take advanced classes and already have a lot of stress to get into a competitive program, and now they're trying to force me to take care of a cat that has fleas from outside, by making it stay in MY tiny room and take care of it's cat box. I read up, and for this stay if you have to many responsibilities that make you feel to adultish in a household where you're too depended on, then you can be removed or become emancipated. I pick up after everybody my stepmother does absolutely nothing except order me around, put me down, and praise her kid when he does something wrong, yet shoot me down about it. Is there a way out? There's even more to it, but is there a way I could be taken out of here and live with a friend? I have in the past because they argued very badly and were apart for a while. Please, can somebody enlighten me with answers as to what I can do. They think they can make me do absolutely whatever they want, and I'm too emotionally stress of being forced to do everything. What are my options?

Last edited by PSY; October 25th 2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Moved to the "General" forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Question(s) about what the rights of children are, or what's consider abuse. - October 25th 2011, 07:27 PM

How old are you?

You need resolution to these issues, there are a lot of options (based on your age and where you live), but since the issues are (understandably) annoying but not physically harmful, it's doubtful that the situation rises to the level of State action (as in removing you from your home). maybe your first best step is to get some counseling, have an outsider work with you (and them) to resolve these issues.

Since it seems like you're still in school, you might try talking with the school guidance counselor about your situation and let them intervene on your behalf.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MrsV Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Question(s) about what the rights of children are, or what's consider abuse. - October 28th 2011, 02:00 AM

I agree with Dr. Bobby there is help just start by talking to the school counselor and see what she/he sugggest you do. I would also try to talk to your father and see what he has to say and then talk to them both togehter and have a level of communication regarding the things that bother you and how you feel. Let me know if you did any of these things ok

Closed Thread