TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Des

Help with speaking with my friend - March 22nd 2009, 06:25 PM

Friday night at work, myself and my coworkers were all playing around when things got annoying so I asked the one kid that volunteers if he would please stop. Well, he looked at me and started saying " What you want me to stop? Please stop...Oh please stop" and he started laughing. At that moment everything went back to when I was raped. He said almost exactly what my rapist said. Since then I've been having trouble pulling myself out of the past and last night at work my employer noticed I was really really quiet and "sad" and spent the night trying to cheer me up. Which was really nice. My other boss and close friend already knows I've been raped. We were having a conversation about sex and she guessed so last night I told her why I was so down.

Now I really want to tell her everything that happened, but I don't know how to bring it up or how to start the conversation. Or really what to say. I know I need to get this of my chest or else I'm going to end up relapsing into drugs and alcohol again. Please help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Help with speaking with my friend - March 22nd 2009, 06:30 PM

Hey, Des

I think the best way to bring it up is to just say something along the lines of "Hey, you remember when the other night when I was really sad...?" and just get to talking to her. Anything's better than going through a harmful relapse.

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Help with speaking with my friend - March 22nd 2009, 07:06 PM

It is good to talk to people but at the same time it can be really frightening and nerve wreaking. I would just pull her aside as tell her something like " I need someone to talk to... I want to talk to you about something that happened to me that I am struggling with right now... you remember how I was acting last night... well it was because..." something along those lines would be a good way to ease into things. You can even write her a note saying there is something you want to talk with her about that is troubling you. I wish you the best of luck in talking to her. I am sorry your other coworker was rude. Stay strong and hang in there.

<3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread