TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Broken_Phoenix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becky
Location: A place with neon green monkeys and tango Orange Duckies.

Angry How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 12th 2011, 10:42 AM

My baby brothers are twins Harry and Alex 5 years old and Charlie who is 2 years old , I don't know what to do, I need to protect them against me dad but don't know how. I try and take all the beatings and keep them in the bedroom while Dad's drunk, but now Harry and Alex have learned how to open doors and yesterday they came out and Dad went after them. I tried to stop it, but I couldn't.

What should I do? How can I help them and Keep my brothers safe?

Don't say go to the police, the police have failed me in the past and I have no trust in them at all.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 12th 2011, 11:24 AM

Are there any family members that could help you out? Maybe grandparents or aunties or uncles that you could stay with? I think it's important that you and your brothers get out of that situation.
How did the police fail you in the past? I'm sure if you can get evidence of what's going on, they will have to do something. Are you in the UK? because if you are, then you could contact social services yourself and ask them to help you. Honestly sweetheart, you need to tell an adult because this is too much for you to deal with on your own. You're still legally a child, you should not have to cope with this.
You probably won't like this, but I think the best way to pretect your baby brothers is to get them and you out of that house. It's the only way that they can be safe. Although you don't have any trust in the police, I think you're going to need to get them involved if you want your brothers to be safe and happy.
Good luck hun
Ella x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Broken_Phoenix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becky
Location: A place with neon green monkeys and tango Orange Duckies.

Re: How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 12th 2011, 11:32 AM

The social didn't believe me the first time, this was when Charlie was only a newborn and the twins were around 3, I called them because he pushed me down the stairs, but my dad made up this story about me and my little brother fighting and I fell. He lied his way through court and GOT AWAY WITH IT. Me and my brothers ended back in his care. We have no family near us and even if they did, they would not care as they are all wrapped in my mum and my two half siblings and her new husband. Apparently according to my mum, me and my brothers are the devil children and should never of been born. We are all mistakes to them.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 12th 2011, 12:17 PM

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. The only thing I can suggest is to keep trying. They might have believed your dad once, but they won't keep believing his stories. Is there any way that you could get hold of a video recorder or record on a phone what your dad is doing? I know how hard it is to get the social to listen to you, but the only thing left to do is to keep trying. Do not give them an option - go down to the nearest social services offices and refuse to leave until someone listens to you. You could also try phoning childline (08001111) as they will probably know more about how to get help than I do.
I wish I could just give you a hug and take you away from there. Just keep trying hun, they can only ignore you for so long. The only other thing I can suggest is if the social don't listen, then threaten to take your story to the newspapers if they don't help you - trust me, it works.
Ella x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 19th 2011, 04:26 PM

Like Ella said, try phoning Childline on 0800 1111. They're a good ear to talk to, and will do anything in their power to help if you need it

I'm sorry, as I know you don't want to go to the police, but you yourself can't stop your dad. Only someone of higher authority can. Try and get someone else involved. Tell a neighbour, a teacher, a friend's parent. With more people on your side, you have more chance of winning.

I hope things get better for you <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 19th 2011, 05:03 PM

Child Line. I am so sorry that you have to go throught that. Stay strong!

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: How can I protect my baby brothers? - November 22nd 2011, 10:36 AM

Your post is so like my own home life, except I have two younger sisters and my mum is still around, but like you I take the brunt of my dad's anger etc, my dad also get's drunk. I have had the same experience with social services they basically blamed it on me and said that I need to stop pushing my dads buttons etc. You can try phoning childline on 0800 1111 it does not show up on the phone bill and they will not tell anyone, they also have a site. www.childline.org and on the site you can talk to a counsellor online it works a-bit like msn.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread