TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

He's Back.. - November 24th 2011, 07:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My 16 brother molested me at least once daily for at least a year starting when I was six years old. It felt disgusting and I hated it, but I didn't want to disappoint him or make him or our parents mad at me, so I didn't try to fight him. No one found out until another brother walked in on it happening once, and made me admit it to him, before telling our parents and my other siblings. The brother who did it denied everything, and my dad believed him and took his side. My mom believed my other brother. A family fight started which ended in everyone just being angry, and no one outside ever getting involved. After that night, he stopped and no one mentioned it again. He went off to the military and was away for years. Well, a few months ago he moved back in with us. Since he got back, I've been terrified he is going to try to do something again. I've been having nightmares and haven't been eating, and started cutting myself to deal with the guilt I still feel from it. I fear he will hurt me if he wants to do it again, and I won't be able to tell anyone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: He's Back.. - November 24th 2011, 07:08 PM

Can you talk to your mom or your other brother about this? If they believed you once, they'll probably be willing to look out for you. Neither of them wants you to be hurt again. If there's a way you can avoid ever being alone with him, do it! If he even tries to touch you again, report it right away. Stay strong.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: He's Back.. - November 24th 2011, 08:53 PM

I can't exactly tell either of them. My mom doesn't want to ruin her family, so she will never discuss it again, and my other brother lives in a different state. I try to avoid him as often as possible, but I'm always at home alone and he gets off work early often, and I don't want him to touch me again, but sometimes he randomly makes offhanded threats so I won't stand up to him.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Re: He's Back.. - November 25th 2011, 07:54 PM

Oh I'm so sorry about evrything that happened to you. I can understand that it must be so dificult for you! But I think that you should try TRY not to think to much about it. I think you should keep away from him and just let him be. If he does do it again then do tell your mother about it. I think thats probebly the best you can do.
Hope I've been of some help to you, my pm box is allways open for you should you need to talk.
Good luck
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: He's Back.. - November 26th 2011, 06:00 AM

Thanks. I'm trying to not think about it, and at the same time be cautious enough to keep myself away from being hurt as much as I can.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: He's Back.. - November 26th 2011, 06:08 AM

I agree with Ally. Just try to keep your distance. If he does do something to you, tell someone IMMEDIATELY. You don't deserve to be hurt like that.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DerJagger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sasha

Re: He's Back.. - November 29th 2011, 03:34 AM

Look, i don't have experience with any of this stuff but i'll just give you my two cents. Firstly, this is in no way shape or form you fault. You never asked for any of this to happen neither did you seek it out, you were a defenseless child who became a victim. That said your brother is the one who needs help, he probably has a need to seek out young children and may have to satisfy that craving whether you know it or not, keep in mind that there could be other victims. Some sort of counseling will do you and your brother good. Also, You can't stay quiet about this situation because your brother will do the same thing he did to you to other girls. Just think about when your brother has children of his own or is around other children, he needs some therapy that the law could probably arrange. Since the incident between you and him took place a long time ago he will probably not be arrested because of statue of limitations. But the first thing you must do is talk with your family; have a heart to heart with your mother and other brother discussing what happened and come up with a coarse of action, after that approach the rest of your family making sure they understand. This will be extremely difficult at first but remember that things will get better down the road as stuff sorts itself out. Please please please PM me if you have any more questions or if i could help in any way. I wish you all the best -Sasha

Closed Thread