TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rhiannon

Exclamation i don't understand - December 26th 2011, 06:54 PM

ok, where to start...

i was raped from the age of 11 to 16 by my step brother, i didn't tell anyone for years because he threatened that if i did he would claim that my parents raped him (which they didn't). any way...one day a counsellor convinced me to tell and i did in august 2006 i made a statement but didn't take it further at the time as i became mentally unwell but i told them that as soon as i was well i'd like to take it further. what i didn't know till a couple of months later was that they had informed him of my statement and a couple of weeks later he followed through with his threat and my parents were arrested and charged.

about the same time i told the police i wanted to take it further and made another statement to the fact. during the investigation i was told by people that my case was going to be dropped, after i heard this a few times i went to the police station and asked, the officer took down my details and asked me if i wanted to know his name...i said yes and he told me "i'm officer i don't give a f****n dam. i ran out crying.

a week later i was informed that he'd confessed. he was later arrested and charged. all in all it took three years till it went to court during which this person threatened me leading me to get my own intervention order because the police would not.

it finally went to court in 2009 but i was told it would be the children's court because of his age at the time which upset me but the court decided it was too far a serous offence and ordered it to go to county court which i thought was grate so the next day i get a call from the office of public prosecutions because the police handle children's and the opp handle the bigger stuff, and they tell me that court would be the next day and i wouldn't need to go which i was glade about because i was nervous as it was, the next day i get a call from the police officer and he tells me that the opp had dropped the case and he didn't know why.

a few months later the opp told me that that it was because it was too complicated. i didn't understand this because i was told he'd confessed but i left it.

its been 2 years now and a few months ago i got handed some court transcripts from another case where my case came up and the court was told not to worry about my case because it would be dropped these transcripts are from monday the 28th of march 2007...long before the opp got handed my case. i feel so angry and sad and...i don't know..let down.

how can they decide too drop a case years before they get it it just doesn't seem right...who are they to make that decision and how hard is it to prosecute someone who confessed.

it doesn't seem right or fair.

rizz

Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

Last edited by rizz; December 26th 2011 at 06:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Re: i don't understand - December 28th 2011, 12:17 PM

Sorry to hear it turned out like that. I would think if there was enough evidence then he would be found guilty, especially with a confession. Something else that should have been brought up is the fact he lied and had your parents arrested. Where is he now? How is your relationship with your parents through all this?

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i don't understand - December 28th 2011, 07:57 PM

he is married with 2 children and my parents divorced, im trying soooo hard to support my dad because his case is still going on but my step mum i want nothing to do with...she is still supporting him even though what he did and she only ever calls me when she wants something, no-one (i have other brothers and sisters) is talking to each other and the worst thing is that that since this happened I've had 2 children and my dad has never met them and nor will he be allowed till this is finished

Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

(#4 (permalink)) Old
alexrolon123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: alex ralphael rolon

Re: i don't understand - December 29th 2011, 12:29 AM

hey my name is alex rolon
and i would like to help you in your trouble.
im going to be a counselor in the future.
i know how have you feel i have also been abuse.
i her to make a difference in people lifes.
if you need someone to talk too,im here for you.
you have to pray to god and ask him.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i don't understand - January 2nd 2012, 02:32 AM

im just sooo angry, it's not fair that the opp have made this decision yrs before getting handed the case

Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

Closed Thread