TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Such a Long Process - January 1st 2012, 11:57 PM

It just feels like such a long process to get out of an abusive home, and we're going about it not through the legal system so it's rather long. I mean first off My mom and I started talking back in October because I was fed up with my aunt's emotional and sometimes physical abuse. I told mom that she needed to do something about it or I would meaning go to the authorities which I really didn't want to do. Well she decided that we could see if I could live with my dad then, it'd be a big change for both of us but it's best for me. And then we decided to wait until after Christmas because mom didn't think she could handle Christmas without me and I didn't think I could handle it without her. Well just yesterday we finally broke the news to my aunt, and the week leading up to this I had said how he's starting to be there for me again and I wish I could get to know him, as a father, etc... Which helped because then my aunt didn't blame herself which would have been bad.

So now yesterday I also messaged my father telling him about the idea and he said he'd think it through and give me an answer today. He doesn't know we've thought about it since October or that it's to get away from an abusive home, the only ones who know the real reason are my mom, me and one of my closest friends. Even my dad is under the impression it's to get to know him. I'm afraid he may say no and if so I don't know what to do, I could always say it's because of my grandma since she emotionally abuses me too, but I hope I don't have to admit to him that it's about any abuse at all.

You are worth it keep-holdin-on.tumblr.com

"It's all well and good to apologize to me but if at the end of the day I still mean so little to you, then treat me like a puppy and leave me on the street you dumped me on, don't come back to pick me up just so you can drop me on the concrete again." -Cheye Masters

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)

Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Such a Long Process - January 2nd 2012, 09:26 PM

Hey Cheye ,

I understand how hard it is to get out of an abusive home. The fact that you are going through with this is amazing. Sometimes, it's hard to get out of abusive homes just because the child, teen, adult, whoever it may be; sees a changed and more postive person. Then the victim starts to think that the abuser can change and gives him/her another chance. So I really commend you for trying to get out despite the fact that your aunt may decide to 'be nice' one day.

I really hope your dad gives you a chance. It would not only benefit you to get out of an abusive home but also to get to know him better. However, if he says no. I really hope you'd consider contacting authorities. Am I misunderstanding when I think that you're mom knows about the abuse from your aunt? If so, I'm just wondering why she hasn't done anything about this herself. I'm also wondering why you're so hesitant to tell your dad about the abuse you've encountered. It could possibly open up his mind a little bit more and allow you to move in with him. Though I understand if you'd rather not have the sympathy.

I know how bad you're feeling right now but I really hope that you get what you need and deserve. You deserve a happy, healthy home with positive people so you can feel better again. If you ever need a chat, you always know that I'm just a PM/VM away.

Take care,
Brittany

Closed Thread