TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justme1119 Offline
Not a n00b

what do I do about this harassment? - January 5th 2012, 06:32 PM

I don't know what to do. I want to talk about a relationship problem with my ex only I don't eant my dad to know. I don't want him to know I still like guys. And I don't want to report anything. I have a T and I talk about everything. I'm having issues with my ex who's 23 and has harassed me via E-mail coming to my house and calling me incessantly. Plus he's someone at school who could really make things hard. I don't really want to be vague any longer. Yet the reason we broke up was because we was physically emotionally abusive and had no regard for my feelings. I don't want to play victim I just need someone to talk to and she's the only one but with strings attached it seems...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: what do I do about this harassment? - January 5th 2012, 06:54 PM

Hey there,

Since you dont want your dad to know and you don't want to report this person, your very limited on what you can do. I suggest blocking him from emailing you and when you're at school, keep someone with you at all times so he doesn't approach you. If he keeps bothering you, I'd really like to suggest reporting him.

Getting rid of an abusive ex is really hard because they want control of you, always. Now that you're broken up, he probably wants you back and hes going to manipulate you into going back into a potentionally dangerous situation. I urge you to stay away from that but it does seem like you don't want anything to do with him, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I hope it gets resolved soon and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me.

Take care,
Brittany

(#3 (permalink)) Old
justme1119 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: what do I do about this harassment? - January 6th 2012, 03:18 AM

I block him but he always gets another email to just send the same crap. My dad would be upset if he knew. I don't want tensions between us. Also my ex tries to make up stuff just so I'll get penalized at school and that is how he always gets my attention it seems.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: what do I do about this harassment? - January 6th 2012, 12:09 PM

Is it possible that you can delete the email account that he's sending messages to you? Then you can make another one and give it to people who actually will send you friendly emails rather than intimidating ones? I know you think it'll cause tension between you and your dad but if it gets out of control, it's important that at least one person knows, that can keep you safe. What kind of stuff does he make up about you? He's just bringing about negative attention and if he cared about you in the slightest, he'd stop what he's doing and be a little more friendly.

Closed Thread