TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
broken_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: anna

Exclamation Dont know what to do about my friend... - January 9th 2012, 01:12 AM

Well, basicaly, her dad went to the Phillepenes over the summer and cheated on her mom with several different women. They got a divorce, but her dad refuses to move out of the house because he doesn't want to pay child support for her. A few months ago, she opened up to a group of friends we have telling us that her dad abuses her mom and her sometimes, and she cuts herself. This is where it gets complicated; try to keep up. One of the friends that she opened up to told the guidance counselor on her. It may have been the right thing to do, but she was devestated after that. Her cuts got worse and she told me that If she got moved to a foster home she would kill herself. After much convincing, the counselor decided the problem wasnt that severe and let it blow over. (Keeping up? :P) Now, just a week ago, she told me something that concerned me A LOT. Her dad came home from a bar drunk. He was talking on the phone with a lady from the Phillipenes about his plan to kill her mom and drop Jill (my friends code name) off somewhere. He then proceeded to try to beat the mom to death right in front of her. Her mom got the proper care, and is about fine now, but the dad is still living with them.

I dont know what to do.... If I dont tell anyone, I risk her mom being beaten to death and never seeing my friend again.. If I do, I risk my friend possibly committing suicide... help?

(Hope you were able to keep up!)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Dont know what to do about my friend... - January 9th 2012, 07:02 AM

Okay, in this situation you need to tell the authorities about what your friend told you. Everything she told you. Including the suicide thing. Then they'll have her on suicide watch on suspicion and get her dad put away like he needs to be. And she should be able to stay with her mom, but right now her dad needs to be put away and you really do need to tell the authorities. Like I said, most likely, he'll go to jail and have a hearing where your friend and her mom can testify and he'll be sent to prison. Then the court will probably have you two file a restraining order against him and have you two go to therapy. And you do need to mention that your friend is suicidal as well so she can get the help she needs even more than just family counseling can offer. But after her father is put in prison, her mother and her should be able to stay together.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Dont know what to do about my friend... - January 9th 2012, 01:23 PM

I think you should tell the authorities what your friend told you. Everything; the abuse, the suicidal thoughts, and the plans. She might be disappointed and suicidal but they'll put her on suicide watch and make sure that she's safe. They'll do a trial and have witnesses testify against this man to prove his guilt and they'll put him in prison for a long time. Other than that, I don't see why your friend would be in foster care for longer than the trial. Her mom and her would be reunited. The right thing to do is to get justice for her and her mom. I hope that they do end up being safe. <3

Closed Thread