TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
buttercup13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Unhappy is there something wrong with me? - January 20th 2012, 04:54 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

When i was 10yrs old my stepdad began molesting me. He would come in when i was asleep while my mom was at work and touch me. The first few times i was scared but he'd tell me he loved me and how pretty i was and after awhile i started enjoying it except when he kiss me that always made me wanna puke and the time he raped me anally i didn't enjoy that. It continued til i was 13 when he tried to touch my sister and she told the cop at her school CPA took me away from my mom who didnt believe me and my sister (he would never do that he's too good a man, he took us in practical raised y'all and anyways i satisfy all his needs why would he want two little girls.. my moms words) in but in the end CPA dropped the case and did nothing to him. My mom is still married to him too. He doesn't try to mess with me anymore tho. When i think about it i feel disgusted and i feel disgusting for enjoying it. Also i seem to want to sleep with every Guy that says he loves me but the moment he's about to "put it in" i freak out. And i can't kiss anyone who recently brushed their teeth with white toothpaste because the smell reminds of my stepdad and i want to puke (i myself have to use the blue gel toothpaste). Is this normal or is there something wrong with me because i feel like there is?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
buttercup13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: is there something wrong with me? - January 20th 2012, 05:02 PM

i meant cps I'm on my phone and it kept auto correcting me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bessy95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Izzy

Re: is there something wrong with me? - January 21st 2012, 11:28 AM

Your not disgusting and there is nothing wrong with you, except for some psychological damage which wasnt your fault! You said you were scared at first, but obviously he was able to manipulate you by making you feel special and pretty and wanted. He was much older and knew all the right things to say to make you think he was trustworthy and someone you could feel at ease with. As for 'freaking out' when getting intimate, its totally okay. You need to give yourself time to heal and keep reminding yourself that having sex with a boyfriend is entirely different. I hope this helped, Pm me anytime you need some help xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
viemexis Offline
Owl of the Waste
Not a n00b

Name: Justin

Re: is there something wrong with me? - January 21st 2012, 01:43 PM

Is there something wrong with you? It depends how you mean. You've been hurt, manipulated, taken advantage of, and that has left you wounded. So yes, there's something wrong with you in the same way there's something wrong with a person who has a broken bone. It's a serious thing, and it will take time to heal.

If you mean "am I some kind of freak for feeling the way I do?" the answer is: not at all. The way he manipulated you when he molested you, it's not really strange that you enjoyed it at the time. It's a story I've heard before. You were a child, children are confused easily by adults, and he took advantage of that.

As for the "freaking out", that's something that will take time to overcome. It's okay for now to not have sex. Someone who loves you will respect those boundaries and stick by you, even if they don't understand why those boundaries are there. In fact, you can sort of use that as a test: people who just want your body will move on when you deny them, whereas people who love you as a whole person will stick by you even if that kind of physical intimacy is off-limits.

In the mean time, I'd really suggest professional counseling, if that's possible. I say that because these people usually have a lot of experience helping people heal from sexual abuse.

Don't get discouraged, and don't let this wreck your self-esteem. None of this was your fault. You are not disgusting. You're a beautiful creature made in the image of God. You can heal from this.

with love,

Justin

Send a message via AIM to viemexis Send a message via MSN to viemexis Send a message via Yahoo to viemexis  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
buttercup13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: is there something wrong with me? - January 21st 2012, 11:30 PM

Thanks y'all both made me feel a better

We are all born for love. It is the principal of existence, and its only end.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
buttercup13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: is there something wrong with me? - January 22nd 2012, 01:45 AM

Also i think I'm going to try to look into finding a good therapist next week if possible so hopefully that'll help *fingers crossed*

We are all born for love. It is the principal of existence, and its only end.

Closed Thread