TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Loy‚llovee Offline
Lexis
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexis

my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - January 31st 2012, 01:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My mom wanted me to go to the store bt it was really cold when i told her no she said i didnt have a choice she pulled my hair beat me with a belt a broom and a extension chord she punched me in both jaws and bit me and said i was disobeying her help plz?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - January 31st 2012, 01:28 AM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry this happened. It sounds like she went a bit overboard and that shouldn't have happened. You didn't deserve it at all. I suggest you call someone. I know it may be scary but if she hurt you real bad, she needs help for her anger. She can learn how to keep calm in different situations. And that'll also benefit you by keeping you safe. People you can call: police, child protective services, or a help hotline who can help you decide what to do, who to call, etc. This is especially important if this has happened more than once.

Please keep yourself safe or do whatever it takes to get safe.

I'm only a message away if you need someone to talk to.

Take care,
Brittany

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Isaiah_41:13 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Marla Ann (Mar)

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - January 31st 2012, 01:43 AM

I agree, this is not the right thing for her to do.

are you okay?

If you need anything, message me.

Isaiah 41:13

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

God is the God of second chances

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - January 31st 2012, 01:45 AM

Call the CPS or police, she should NOT be hurting you like that. You should call before she has a chance to do something worse. Im sorry dude=(

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Loy‚llovee Offline
Lexis
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - January 31st 2012, 02:21 AM

Thank you all, the thing is it never really got this bad she does have biopolar and when she would go through things she would slap me or just say mean things i always figured i was doing something wrong because she never hurt my sister,

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Isaiah_41:13 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Marla Ann (Mar)

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 1st 2012, 01:26 AM

It is never your fault when someone hurts you. Weather it be physically, or with her words. It is not your fault.

Isaiah 41:13

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

God is the God of second chances

(#7 (permalink)) Old
James_mc Offline
Not a n00b

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 1st 2012, 01:39 AM

that sucks srry to hear hey just wondering how ur copin know

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucas

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 1st 2012, 02:57 AM

Just know that its never your fault! I hope you are staying strong and safe. PM me if you ever need anybody to talk to! We are all here for you

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failures all you known.
Remember all the sadness and frustration,
and let it go.
Let it go. - Linkin Park

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 1st 2012, 07:24 AM

:O Call the CPS! She did went real overboard. It could have been very very dangerous. It was NOT such a big matter. She should NOT have hit you. Period.

PS: Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk. Stay strong. xx

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 2nd 2012, 10:04 AM

Hey Lexis.

As the others have said, it's not your fault. You didn't deserve such a harsh reaction, and just because your mother doesn't act like that towards your sister doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Your mother having bipolar may mean certain things are harder for her, but that doesn't give her the right to take it out on you. It sounds like this is an ongoing issue, so I really thinkg it could help to talk to someone about it.

Good luck.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 2nd 2012, 04:13 PM

Definitely call CPS if you are under 18, or the police if you are over 18! Or at least talk to your school counselor. I know you don't want to since she's your mom and it "only happened once", but if she did it once there's no reason why she won't do it again next time you do something wrong. Even if you were disobeying her, she went way overboard. She wasn't just slapping you or disciplining you- this was way more than that.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Loy‚llovee Offline
Lexis
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my mom beat me real bad because i wouldnt go to the store, and wouldnt stop until i said i would go. - February 3rd 2012, 04:35 PM

i really want to talk to someone but im really scared about what could happen the last time something happened i told my dad and he called cps for me my mom and dad dont get along so she wasn't happy at all of course when cps actually came out she defended her actions by saying it was just old fashion discipline and that she would never hurt her children i was told that the woman from cps was supposed to talk to me alone but she didn't so things never really got solved i really dont want to be stupid but when things like that happen you really dont see it coming especially when i consider she wasn't always like and all the things i've done and i actually deserved discipline, But on a day where i do nothing but simply say no she does this i really really love my mother and i have stood by her in times where things were really bad for her when no one had anything nice to say about her so it really hurt me bad so im feeling like im being stupid by not wanting a better life for me but honestly she needs me a lot more than i need her i take care of her i make sure she takes her medicine but i dont feel like i can deal with her anymore i considered running away but what good would that do me besides when i did that once she found me,

Closed Thread